Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

30 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Edinburgh University got the result of the day. Never saw that coming. 

We were rotten. Didn't look interested at all in the first half, came out in the second half scored twice then went back to being uninterested.

We're not going to win any league with performances like the last two 

Looks like the Gretna manager resigned after today’s defeat to Cowdenbeath, obviously a poor start to the season leaving them in an early fight with Dalbeattie to avoid dropping into the South. 

Where do they go from here? They’ve had a rather high turnover of managers of late. 

And what on earth happened post-match with their sub supposedly fighting with spectators?!

15 hours ago, Derry Pele said:

Looks like the Gretna manager resigned after today’s defeat to Cowdenbeath, obviously a poor start to the season leaving them in an early fight with Dalbeattie to avoid dropping into the South. 

Where do they go from here? They’ve had a rather high turnover of managers of late. 

And what on earth happened post-match with their sub supposedly fighting with spectators?!

He wasn’t fighting got into stand to get to them but was turned back.

They seem a bit of a gang as much class as the original mob.

9 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

He wasn’t fighting got into stand to get to them but was turned back.

They seem a bit of a gang as much class as the original mob.

When we gained entry into the East of Scotland league following the demise of Gretna FC we were quickly labelled with an "arrogant" tag, something which took maybe a couple of years to shake off but a small band of volunteers & supporters worked hard to show that we were just the same as every other club at this level, a hardworking, passionate & good bunch of people that care about their football club & trying to represent the club in a positive light (albeit with a few bumps in the road along the way) that we did eventually gain the respect of our fellow league clubs.  As one of the founding members of the lowland league, i think we have been well respected by everyone, that is until maybe the past 4/5 seasons.

It pains me to admit it, but the people associated with the club now have dragged it down into the gutter so to speak, the treatment of several staff members, supporters & passionate volunteers has led to the majority walking away from the football club.  We used to take easily 100 fans+ to away games, now your lucky if we get half a dozen! The actions of Ben Spelman yesterday were nothing short of pathetic.  I don't know the guy but outwith a couple of players, there is no relationship between the playing staff & supporters.  We are in a very bad place right now and i honestly don't know where the club goes from here.

I really hope you're opinion on Gretna 2008 changes but as i said its hard to defend some of the people that currently represent the club.  Hope to bump into a few of you's in the return fixture for a pint or 2, there are still a few of us very welcoming & hospitable 👍🏻

Edited by gretnascotty

9 hours ago, gretnascotty said:

When we gained entry into the East of Scotland league following the demise of Gretna FC we were quickly labelled with an "arrogant" tag, something which took maybe a couple of years to shake off but a small band of volunteers & supporters worked hard to show that we were just the same as every other club at this level, a hardworking, passionate & good bunch of people that care about their football club & trying to represent the club in a positive light (albeit with a few bumps in the road along the way) that we did eventually gain the respect of our fellow league clubs.  As one of the founding members of the lowland league, i think we have been well respected by everyone, that is until maybe the past 4/5 seasons.

It pains me to admit it, but the people associated with the club now have dragged it down into the gutter so to speak, the treatment of several staff members, supporters & passionate volunteers has led to the majority walking away from the football club.  We used to take easily 100 fans+ to away games, now your lucky if we get half a dozen! The actions of Ben Spelman yesterday were nothing short of pathetic.  I don't know the guy but outwith a couple of players, there is no relationship between the playing staff & supporters.  We are in a very bad place right now and i honestly don't know where the club goes from here.

I really hope you're opinion on Gretna 2008 changes but as i said its hard to defend some of the people that currently represent the club.  Hope to bump into a few of you's in the return fixture for a pint or 2, there are still a few of us very welcoming & hospitable 👍🏻

Is it still yer ex manager running the club? 

37 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Is it still yer ex manager running the club? 

Yes mate, also the same chairman who has been here 6 season's and has had 6 managers come and go.  Currently have an ex pro Michael Mcindoe, he is assistant manager, technical director, has brought the players in and supplies the bus for the players to travel down on, he will be the next manager imo.  Just google the guy and you'll see why i have concerns.

2 hours ago, gretnascotty said:

Yes mate, also the same chairman who has been here 6 season's and has had 6 managers come and go.  Currently have an ex pro Michael Mcindoe, he is assistant manager, technical director, has brought the players in and supplies the bus for the players to travel down on, he will be the next manager imo.  Just google the guy and you'll see why i have concerns.

Thought the name sounded familiar.

8 hours ago, gretnascotty said:

Your right appointed interim manager.

2 minutes ago, gretnascotty said:

Exactly, i called it before the season started although i gave Hatfield until at least Halloween 😂 

Can read the club hierarchy like a book, he'll get the job permantely before the month is out.

Out of interest where did Hatfield come from

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Out of interest where did Hatfield come from

He's in a relationship with a local girl & they have just had a baby, i believe he moved to the area because of this but not sure how the club found him.  Seems a good guy but i think the lack of knowledge on players has hindered him.  Speaking to him at a fans forum back in May he spoke well & seemed to think he'd be working with the players & training locally, but clearly McIndoe had other ideas.  While i don't know the reason's, i'd guess that Hatfield stepped down to not being able to work with the players properly.

Can't be any excuses now, The man who brought in the personnel is now managing them!

8 hours ago, gretnascotty said:

He's in a relationship with a local girl & they have just had a baby, i believe he moved to the area because of this but not sure how the club found him.  Seems a good guy but i think the lack of knowledge on players has hindered him.  Speaking to him at a fans forum back in May he spoke well & seemed to think he'd be working with the players & training locally, but clearly McIndoe had other ideas.  While i don't know the reason's, i'd guess that Hatfield stepped down to not being able to work with the players properly.

Can't be any excuses now, The man who brought in the personnel is now managing them!

Boy obviously had his hands tied if he wasn’t signing the players.