Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

15 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

It’s time for a National Conference League like England to make a Tier 5, would be good crowds and good football and a very strong case for auto promotion to SPFL. Would upset a few but SFA should be asking for applications and just go for it. 
The Clubs that don’t want to participate can stay in LL, HL etc.

Tier 4 is already a national conference - so we can just change the name and your horseshit outfit still wouldn't be in it. 

16 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

It’s time for a National Conference League like England to make a Tier 5, would be good crowds and good football and a very strong case for auto promotion to SPFL. Would upset a few but SFA should be asking for applications and just go for it. 
The Clubs that don’t want to participate can stay in LL, HL etc.

It’s a pity your club wasn’t as “forward” thinking when you were in the SPFL..

Edited by Pyramid Watcher

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

Hopefully the clubs from the tinpot league continue to provide an opportunity for SPFL clubs to experience it for themselves.

Yeah. That would really show the likes of me. Exactly what I want to see happening... happening.

17 hours ago, Gimme said:

Since then they've had to fund installation of, and an upgrade to, floodlights, install terracing behind the goals, built a new enclosure and various other groundworks.

How much did you get from the  cooncil  ?

Asking for a few local friends :whistle

On 05/08/2022 at 12:46, Gordon EF said:

Every league with B teams who cannot be promoted, cannot be relegated, and who're removed from the league table at the end of the season (whilst the points gained or lost against them by other clubs are not) is tinpot. Makes no difference whether the standard is high, low, or mediocre or whether the league is in Portugal, Scotland, or Outer Mongolia.

You’re failing to recognize the key point, which is that B teams exist in top leagues across Europe alongside other professional clubs, and in several instances at T2 and T3 – It is normal.

The same would have happened in Scotland but for narrow minded ‘tin-pottery’ demonstrated by the same bloc of mediocrity that thwarted relegation from L2 (and promotion via the pyramid) for decades.

Inevitably, Lowland League clubs will continue to help perennial strugglers find their natural level in the game – which would be hastened if more promotion / relegation places become available.... probably unlikely without a complete overhaul of the league structure.  

Edited by Che Dail

You’re failing to recognize the key point, which is that B teams exist in top leagues across Europe alongside other professional clubs, and in several instances at T2 and T3 – It is normal.
The same would have happened in Scotland but for narrow minded ‘tin-pottery’

Chucking away integrity to f**k your pyramid and benefit those who are already at an advantage is what's tinpot, be it in Spain, Armenia or Scotland.

11 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Chucking away integrity to f**k your pyramid and benefit those who are already at an advantage is what's tinpot, be it in Spain, Armenia or Scotland.

Right, so Spanish, French, German and Dutch football is 'tinpot' aye?

2 hours ago, Burnieman said:

I guess you saw a bit of it today.

I get that you're desperate to "battle" against some entitled SPFL fan who's snobbish about football outside of the SPFL and to get your 'big victory' whenever they're defeated by ex-junior clubs. But I'm sorry to have to tell you that's not me and you're just ending up looking a bit silly.

I'm a massive proponent of the pyramid and want more relegation and promotion to and from the SPFL (and other levels that are 'backed up').

I've predicted Bonnyrigg to finish above East Fife this season so today really wasn't the gobsmacking experience you'd like it to be.

3 hours ago, Che Dail said:

The same would have happened in Scotland but for narrow minded ‘tin-pottery’ demonstrated by the same bloc of mediocrity that thwarted relegation from L2 (and promotion via the pyramid) for decades.

Inevitably, Lowland League clubs will continue to help perennial strugglers find their natural level in the game – which would be hastened if more promotion / relegation places become available.... probably unlikely without a complete overhaul of the league structure.  

I'm not failing to recognize that at all.

9 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
2 hours ago, Che Dail said:
Right, so Spanish, French, German and Dutch football is 'tinpot' aye?

That aspect of it, absolutely. You can definitely add Italy to that list who have a number of tinpot aspects to their game outwith and including Juventus U23s.

Strange... So you're now saying Italy - European champions - their league is 'tinpot'? 

In the name of 'integrity' all these other nations and top clubs and managers have got it wrong.

Meanwhile, Motherwell got put out of Europe by Sligo Rovers.

18 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

I get that you're desperate to "battle" against some entitled SPFL fan who's snobbish about football outside of the SPFL and to get your 'big victory' whenever they're defeated by ex-junior clubs. But I'm sorry to have to tell you that's not me and you're just ending up looking a bit silly.

I'm a massive proponent of the pyramid and want more relegation and promotion to and from the SPFL (and other levels that are 'backed up').

I've predicted Bonnyrigg to finish above East Fife this season so today really wasn't the gobsmacking experience you'd like it to be.

I'm not desperate for anything, just laughing at an East Fife fan calling anything tinpot and then getting towed by Bonnyrigg who've just emerged from said tinpot league.

10 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

La Liga, Ligue 1, Bundesliga and Eredivisie are not tinpot

Primera Federación, Championnat National, Regionalliga and Eerste Divisie are

Happy to help

No, they really aren't - the quality standard in these leagues is enhanced by additional clubs that can sustain full-time professional football players: a best v best environment. 

What is 'tinpot' is the fact that Scottish football is beholden to a backwards conservative majority resistant to change.  

Strange... So you're now saying Italy - European champions - their league is 'tinpot'? 
In the name of 'integrity' all these other nations and top clubs and managers have got it wrong.
Meanwhile, Motherwell got put out of Europe by Sligo Rovers.

I'm not sure you know what tinpot means.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

East fife will be relegated 9 other clubs will finish above them.

7 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

What is 'tinpot' is the fact that Scottish football is beholden to a backwards conservative majority resistant to change.  

What is tinpot is a game that is beholden to the interests of two clubs above all else.

The "conservative majority" that you refer to was granted the power they have as a result of the merger of the SPL and SFL in 2013.  Why did that merger happen when the SPL held all the aces regarding the future structure of the fully professional league?  It was done to accommodate the the interests of one of the two clubs mentioned in the paragraph above, who had just completed a season in Division 3 of the SFL.