Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

Went to the Strollers v Gala last night, close first half with few chances. Gala 10 right from the kick off as a corner seemed to go straight in,20 and 30 both excellent finishes to kill the game.Late consolation for CSS a reward for their hard work, keeping possession and to stop giving the ball away will surely come for the young hosts.You can see what they're trying to do, an enjoyable game,Guess there were about 150+ in attendance.IMG_20220727_003723.thumb.jpg.2f30c1e3d7e2353ec20e4e8d07992d42.jpg

Rightly or wrongly I am taking a keen interest in the lowland league this season, mainly because of Open Goal Broomhill. A wee bit of me quite likes the ambition they’re showing, and I do like the podcast and the guys on it but I must admit I am finding them getting beat incredibly satisfying.

Think they massively underestimate how hard it is being and running a football club at this level and below / above. Building up a fanbase, playing good football and getting up through the leagues is not easy. Think they’ve maybe come into this all guns blazing thinking it could be.

I really enjoy the podcast, but I, like many others already support a football club. It can be hard enough watching Arbroath at times, Saturday at Ayr was eye bleeding stuff and we are absolutely flying and loving life just now. Really think the novelty of watching them will wear off when Winter rolls around and they’re maybe not doing as well as they thought. 

Was actually quite pleasing to read OG having to chuck Broadfoot uptop the last 15 v CSS. 3 games in and Ferry’s pretty football philosophy chucked when they’re needing a result. 

So well done to EK and CSS and I hope the rest of the league can give them a bit of a reality check. The thought of the lower leagues, which I love so much, having a podcast team kicking about in them makes me feel a bit uneasy.