Armenia v Scotland

15 minutes ago, PrestersKTID said:

Be annoyed if robertson, mckenna and souttar is the start of another can't be bothered generation, pulling out of squads and then playing the following week for their clubs,.

Pretty sure none of them will be playing games for their clubs next week...

Also not sure how their commitment can be questioned. Pretty certain they've all played/turned up when asked. In the case of Robertson, when did he last miss an international match?

15 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I think the reality is the players are all fucked from a long season which ended a month ago and theyre still playing games. It's no surprise they are all breaking down with injuries and fatigue, if a was Robertson who's played nearly every league game and in 3 Cup runs all which got to finals I'd be begging for a break. 

Exactly. We've been slightly more spectacular in our collapse, and our games have meant more, but France, England, Sweden, and Bulgaria have all been very poor (relatively speaking) in June.

Asides performances, the results for Wales (to some extent), Austria, Switzerland, Ireland (excepting us) and Slovakia have been poor or terrible.  I'd certainly rather be Scottish than be in the position of Bulgaria or Slovakia right about now.  The Swedes have also lost a playoff for the WC and fighting against relegation to Group C now.

Edited by HuttonDressedAsLahm
Sweden to Group C, not B

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Also not sure how their commitment can be questioned. Pretty certain they've all played/turned up when asked. In the case of Robertson, when did he last miss an international match?

Soutar is made of chocolate, McKenna went off with an obviously serious injury, and Robertson must have played about 60 odd games this season.  

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Agreed. I know we have been pish the past few games but I definitely don’t get the impression that this squad aren’t bothered or aren’t committed.

Actually totally the opposite, Robertson has looked completely burnt-out the past few games, I’m not surprised if he’s injured now. 

Five minutes ago I was convinced that this game was tomorrow night....then saw the team online and thought it very unusual to release that a full day before kick-off.  Three minutes ago I assumed it was a 19:45 kick off and now I realise that is not the case either.  

Off to play golf (Tuesday medal) and cant quite believe that I cocked up - have only missed three home competitive matches since 1994 (and one of those was Armenia last week) Will keep tabs on the phone.......

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

True, and you're right, up till now their commitment can't be questioned but it's been a habit of previous regimes when it's no been going well.  

1 minute ago, PrestersKTID said:

True, and you're right, up till now their commitment can't be questioned but it's been a habit of previous regimes when it's no been going well.  

Think if it was a thing here we'd have seen far more players drop out and not a guy who went off injured, a guy who is often injured and a guy who looked fucked.

25 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I think he missed the Poland friendly with Covid. The last suspicious call-off he had must have been a wee while ago, maybe Czech Republic in 2020. 

Souttar is a very good defender but he plays about 7 games a season. Bad for Scotland unfortunately but also very funny because he plays for Rangers.

I'm a big Steve Clarke fan but I'm not sure why he refuses to call up replacements some times.

He called up McCrorie as a third choice keeper when Marshall retired but when we are travelling to Armenia with only two recognised centre backs - Hendry and Hanley and he knows he is planning on playing three at the back, why doesn't he call anyone else up? It makes zero sense, literally zero.

We always talk about  how many Championship type centre halves there are in England that probably aren't at the required level to be anymore than squad players. This is exactly the sort of scenario to be calling a couple up. Yes, they might not be brilliant, but I'm sure they will do a better job than if he had to bring Stephen O'Donnell on at centre half if there is an injury or red card.

As I said, I'm a Clarke fan in general but seems like utter stupidity

2 minutes ago, DavidMcG said:

I'm a big Steve Clarke fan but I'm not sure why he refuses to call up replacements some times.

He called up McCrorie as a third choice keeper when Marshall retired but when we are travelling to Armenia with only two recognised centre backs - Hendry and Hanley and he knows he is planning on playing three at the back, why doesn't he call anyone else up? It makes zero sense, literally zero.

We always talk about  how many Championship type centre halves there are in England that probably aren't at the required level to be anymore than squad players. This is exactly the sort of scenario to be calling a couple up. Yes, they might not be brilliant, but I'm sure they will do a better job than if he had to bring Stephen O'Donnell on at centre half if there is an injury or red card.

As I said, I'm a Clarke fan in general but seems like utter stupidity

It’s probably a bit too late, I think they were still assessing the injured players yesterday to see if they were fit and outfield players probably need a bit of time with the team if they haven’t been called up before. Who would he call up, Considine again?