Armenia v Scotland

Ladies and gentlemen, Scotland will be playing four-four-fucking-two.

Gordon, Patterson, Souttar, McKenna, Robertson, Brown, Gilmour, McGregor, Christie, Adams, Stewart

I'm not even really bothered about what players get picked tbh. Just show us something different. No more pretending Scott McKenna can deputise for Kieran Tierney when they're two completely different types of players (that's not a knock on McKenna, he's good)

9 hours ago, G51 said:

Ladies and gentlemen, Scotland will be playing four-four-fucking-two.

Gordon, Patterson, Souttar, McKenna, Robertson, Brown, Gilmour, McGregor, Christie, Adams, Stewart

I'm not even really bothered about what players get picked tbh. Just show us something different. No more pretending Scott McKenna can deputise for Kieran Tierney when they're two completely different types of players (that's not a knock on McKenna, he's good)

Would be happy with that. The 3 at the back has worked for us but we can't get trapped in it. A chance here to try something else. Souttar and McKenna should be a solid partnership.

11 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

If we win this, then rediscover some form again ahead of the games in September, then we can still win the group. Miracles occasionally happen. 

This. Last night was dreadful but win this game, beat the Republic at Hampden, and we're left needing 4 points from Ukraine. Not impossible at all. Especially considering we should have Tierney back for those games.

All that's changed is we can no longer get 2 draws against Ukraine (or 1 win and 1 defeat) and hope we went ahead of them on GD which was never going to happen anyway. 

Now, where's that "literally clutching at straws" meme

I'll take an absolute shitfest if it results in a 1-0 win. We just need to get past this window still in the fight and hope that Clarke comes up with some alternate plans before September.

Armenia have not performed at all well thus far, even in their win against Eire. We really shouldn't be thinking about anything less than a win.

If we weren't going into this off the back of such negativity then I think Robertson would've dropped out but he'll have a point to prove. Folk say that he doesn't care about playing for Scotland which is obvs pish; he is constantly fired up which can sometimes be a negative as he can lose his head and make mistakes he wouldn't otherwise have. If he's actually burst then yeah I can understand Hickey coming in.

Obviously the response to the Ukraine and Ireland games is to go to a back four and if it's the future of this side (or we want to start being a bit more flexible from the start) then I can understand moving to it, but we strolled the last time against them with a back three and changing it with a tight turnaround could be awkward.

Bring in Souttar, Gilmour and at least one of Brown and Stewart. Harsh on Ralston but might as well get Patterson back in the team too. Could maybe bring in Armstrong but I'm less convinced that that would be beneficial.

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Obviously the response to the Ukraine and Ireland games is to go to a back four and if it's the future of this side (or we want to start being a bit more flexible from the start) then I can understand moving to it, but we strolled the last time against them with a back three and changing it with a tight turnaround could be awkward.

I don't really get why people think moving away from the back three is the solution to all of our problems. I believe I'm correct in saying Ireland were using a back three against us with Shane Duffy supported on either side by John Egan and Nathan Collins and they didn't seem to have any issues creating midfield overloads.

I don't really get why people think moving away from the back three is the solution to all of our problems. I believe I'm correct in saying Ireland were using a back three against us with Shane Duffy supported on either side by John Egan and Nathan Collins and they didn't seem to have any issues creating midfield overloads.

Yip and not even with a Tierney-type in the back three too. It might be interesting to watch back and see how it happened but am I f**k doing that anytime soon.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Yip and not even with a Tierney-type in the back three too. It might be interesting to watch back and see how it happened but am I f**k doing that anytime soon.

I saw something about the Irish wing backs helping fill out the midfield similar to how Ange Postecoglu uses his full backs at Celtic.

If a team creates a numerical advantage in one area they will be lacking somewhere else because it's generally 11 vs 11. I'd imagine Scotland didn't capitalise on those kind of situations, but yeah I'd have to watch it back to figure it all out.

3 hours ago, Donathan said:

Back to basics for me.

Gordon

Patterson-Souttar-McKenna-Robertson

McGinn-Gilmour-McGregor

Armstrong-Adams-Christie 

So back to basics with mainly the same players who failed in Ireland, apart from a couple of defenders?

Are we not better trying to get a few other squad players involved who maybe won’t be quite as knackered?

3451D55B-C785-4CE7-82B9-B755BFDA47C7.jpeg

Edited by Scary Bear