General SWPL discussion - Season 22/23

ScotsFootieFan

25 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Sit doon, roaster.  The women's threads are generally cant-free zones so please don't pollute it with your ignorant nonsense.

Nothing ignorant or nonsense about anything I’ve posted. I was merely looking forward to seeing an incredible goal based on your description and expressed my disappointment when it was dime a dozen. I’ll post where I want though, educating stupid *** c***s as I go, cheers.

Well deserved win for us and no late drama.  Goal from Howat making the difference.

Howat getting MotM but Hannah Davison decided not to fanny about and think she was a footballer but actually showed up as a (tremendous) defender.

I went along to Hibs v Rangers today 

If I screwed up my eyes with Rangers in their orange strip I could pretend it was Meadowbank Thistle v Hibs...

Hibs defending frustrated Rangers, that seemed to be the tactic. The Hibs formation looked like 5-4-1 with Tweedie up front on her own. Rangers missed a lot of chances, there was some spectacular last minute defending, clearances off the line etc. Hibs goalie Haaland had some cracking stops too. The Gers seemed to favour close passing play, which is pleasing to watch, but often breaks down when a defender blocks the ball or makes a good tackle. Sometimes you just want a volley from the edge of the box 

Hibs had a couple of chances themselves and you wondered if it was one of those games where the team with title hopes would be undone by the underdogs. Then a Dean Gibson tactical masterstroke 🙄 saw Hibs best player and main driving force, Nunn, subbed. Eventually a Rangers move saw a rare error from Haaland, failing to cut out the ball, and Lizzie Arnott had an easy tap in with ten minutes to go 

Rangers were certainly the better team but probably need to score more goals which is something their title rivals don't have a problem doing 

16 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I went along to Hibs v Rangers today 

If I screwed up my eyes with Rangers in their orange strip I could pretend it was Meadowbank Thistle v Hibs...

Hibs defending frustrated Rangers, that seemed to be the tactic. The Hibs formation looked like 5-4-1 with Tweedie up front on her own. Rangers missed a lot of chances, there was some spectacular last minute defending, clearances off the line etc. Hibs goalie Haaland had some cracking stops too. The Gers seemed to favour close passing play, which is pleasing to watch, but often breaks down when a defender blocks the ball or makes a good tackle. Sometimes you just want a volley from the edge of the box 

Hibs had a couple of chances themselves and you wondered if it was one of those games where the team with title hopes would be undone by the underdogs. Then a Dean Gibson tactical masterstroke 🙄 saw Hibs best player and main driving force, Nunn, subbed. Eventually a Rangers move saw a rare error from Haaland, failing to cut out the ball, and Lizzie Arnott had an easy tap in with ten minutes to go 

Rangers were certainly the better team but probably need to score more goals which is something their title rivals don't have a problem doing 

Watched it and I don't need less or greyer hair.  Haaland was brilliant, though.  You always get a different perspective from TV vs 'watching live' (for good or ill) but the PotM award from South Bucks would go to wee Xavi Maclean - the calmest player on the park.

Some week coming up with us vs Thistle (unlucky, girls) and 'Them' vs City.  8-0 at Broadwood and a dull 0-0 in Airdrie would add some spice to the last two games...

Edited by The_Kincardine

The top three all win today although City left it late against Partick Thistle. 

City two points clear with one game to go. Win at Ibrox next week and they'll win the league. Anything less and it could be either Rangers or Celtic. Rangers now second on goal difference. They must beat City next week and hope Celtic's goal difference doesn't go up too much against Hearts.

Three teams all able to win the league on the final day. What a season.