General SWPL discussion - Season 22/23

ScotsFootieFan

On 26/02/2023 at 19:43, Craig fae the Vale said:

Results from this week and updated tables.

20230226_194118.jpg

Screenshot_20230226_194204_Twitter.jpg

20230226_194129.jpg

Screenshot_20230226_194214_Twitter.jpg

Has any club in SWPL2 changed grounds recently? Futbology is suddenly showing that I’ve completed that league despite not having been at any SWPL2 games, previously it was 7/8…

p.s. Craig- Might show up at the Vale on the 25th seeing as there’s £15 auld c**t tickets on ScotRail.

18 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Has any club in SWPL2 changed grounds recently? Futbology is suddenly showing that I’ve completed that league despite not having been at any SWPL2 games, previously it was 7/8…

p.s. Craig- Might show up at the Vale on the 25th seeing as there’s £15 auld c**t tickets on ScotRail.

The only one I can.think of is Queen's Park playing at New Tinto while they wait on Lesser Hampden getting finished. 

Would be great to see you at the Vale!

3 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

The only one I can.think of is Queen's Park playing at New Tinto while they wait on Lesser Hampden getting finished. 

Would be great to see you at the Vale!

Nah, beats me that one as I’ve been at both a few times.  Motherwell´s another one I seem to have gained in SWPL1, I thought they played at Ravenscraig but they’re now listed under k-park. Doesnae matter anyway…

Edit - @Craig fae the Vale it was East Fife, who are now playing at New Bayview according to the app, instead of some park up in Leven. I found it by a fluke as the app is sometimes different depending what device you're using and needs refreshed.

Edited by The Mantis

7 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Nah, beats me that one as I’ve been at both a few times.  Motherwell´s another one I seem to have gained in SWPL1, I thought they played at Ravenscraig but they’re now listed under k-park. Doesnae matter anyway…

Edit - @Craig fae the Vale it was East Fife, who are now playing at New Bayview according to the app, instead of some park up in Leven. I found it by a fluke as the app is sometimes different depending what device you're using and needs refreshed.

East Fife moved before this season started, I might be guilty of this actually, because I emailed Futbology that they had the ground of East Fife Women wrong. :D 

Motherwell play at K-Park indeed this season, I watched them there. Last season they played at Caledonian Braves, watched them there too.

Edited by Marten

• 1 month later...
On 13/03/2023 at 12:08, Thereisalight.. said:

Top 5 as expected, but well done to Thistle. Brian Graham has always been a fcker playing against Ayr but hes done a great job with the womens team. A poisoned chalice having to play the other top sides twice but some achievement to them getting there

Great achievement, yes.  Cheryl McCulloch was on comms duty for Alba and she's obviously proud AF at what Thistle have done but it has taken its toll on a small and part-time squad through injuries and suspensions.  They looked like a team running on empty.

We played some tidy stuff and we also had a fair sprinkling of youth - with Watson and  McLeary stating and some of the teen-teens coming on later.  0-5 but could have been many more.  A combo of good goalkeeping and a few howlers from us kept it respectable.

Your 'beloved Hoopettes' beating City makes the last 7 games interesting.  Given we play City 2x and Celtic 1x and there's one more Celtic vs City game it's still there to be won - assuming all three teams beat the 4th to 6th placers:

swpltable.thumb.png.7c7c2c106c931363082f4ca1cb4e384f.png

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Great achievement, yes.  Cheryl McCulloch was on comms duty for Alba and she's obviously proud AF at what Thistle have done but it has taken its toll on a small and part-time squad through injuries and suspensions.  They looked like a team running on empty.

We played some tidy stuff and we also had a fair sprinkling of youth - with Watson and  McLeary stating and some of the teen-teens coming on later.  0-5 but could have been many more.  A combo of good goalkeeping and a few howlers from us kept it respectable.

Your 'beloved Hoopettes' beating City makes the last 7 games interesting.  Given we play City 2x and Celtic 1x and there's one more Celtic vs City game it's still there to be won - assuming all three teams beat the 4th to 6th placers:

swpltable.thumb.png.7c7c2c106c931363082f4ca1cb4e384f.png

Dont know how many times I need to tell you I ain't a fan of the hoopettes at all 🤣 to give them their due they were excellent v City today. Two pen misses or the result could have been even worse for Leanne Ross and co. Seems the diving has infiltrated the womens team or am I being too harsh 🤔

Thistle were always going to humped after the split. In a way it was an double edged sword them getting that 6th place as it was a hiding to nothing. 

Big game on Wednesday. Cant see City playing that poorly again but hope for the sake of the "title race" Rangers win and make it an exciting end to the season 

11 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Dont know how many times I need to tell you I ain't a fan of the hoopettes at all 🤣 to give them their due they were excellent v City today. Two pen misses or the result could have been even worse for Leanne Ross and co. Seems the diving has infiltrated the womens team or am I being too harsh 🤔

Thistle were always going to humped after the split. In a way it was an double edged sword them getting that 6th place as it was a hiding to nothing. 

Big game on Wednesday. Cant see City playing that poorly again but hope for the sake of the "title race" Rangers win and make it an exciting end to the season 

Aye, the 'hoopettes' patter is past its sell-by date.

We went out for lunch after our game so only caught the last 20 mins of the City game so it's hard to judge how the sides compared.  Both, though, are more physical than we are.  This is going to be a problem for us.

Hope your hopes come true, though!

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Aye, the 'hoopettes' patter is past its sell-by date.

We went out for lunch after our game so only caught the last 20 mins of the City game so it's hard to judge how the sides compared.  Both, though, are more physical than we are.  This is going to be a problem for us.

Hope your hopes come true, though!

😂

I only saw the 2nd half, but skipped through the 1st after that. City were woeful. Outwith big Jenna Clark I dont think there is much between Rangers and City in the physicality stakes. Celtic have a fair few bruiser type players, including Hayes who scored another goal from a corner. Makes you wonder how costly that 96th min equaliser by her in the last OF game is from a Rangers point of view 

Edited by Thereisalight..