General SWPL discussion - Season 22/23

ScotsFootieFan

It's odd that Hibs have a fairly decent record against Glasgow City in Cups but haven't beaten them in the League since Shelley Kerr played for them...

It always seemed City raised their game in League matches against Hibs compared to cup games 

Anyway Kincy might be pleased as I fancy the Gers to lift the cup.

On 23/10/2022 at 18:33, The_Kincardine said:

@Thereisalight..will be greetin' that his Hoopy Honeys got papped oot today.  Here's the draw for the Sky Sport semi-final

I'm not a fan of them as you well know 🤣

I wouldnt write off Hibs in that cup final tbh. They have won cups before and pushed Rangers hard in the league a few weeks ago! Should be a good game 

On 07/11/2022 at 20:51, tamthebam said:

Anyway Kincy might be pleased as I fancy the Gers to lift the cup.

On 11/11/2022 at 19:39, Thereisalight.. said:

I wouldnt write off Hibs in that cup final tbh. They have won cups before and pushed Rangers hard in the league a few weeks ago! Should be a good game 

Hibs gave us a good game last month so I'm making no assumptions - but I will be disappointed if we lose.  I just watched the highlights back and we were better than a 1 goal win.

Two big games in the league next Sunday and the Sunday after, though.  Malky had better get his team selection right!

Fairly pish game for the top 2 Scottish womens sides. Hay should have scored early doors. Dannielson is a big lazy lump of a player. Thought the city pen was fairly inconclusive going by the TV angles. 

City and Rangers only 2 points ahead of Celtic. With the "old firm" playing on Saturday. Dunno why Malky doesnt seem to rate Cavanagh. The few games I've saw here in this season she has impressed. 

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

5. Fairly pish game for the top 2 Scottish womens sides. 1. Hay should have scored early doors. 2. Dannielson is a big lazy lump of a player. 3. Thought the city pen was fairly inconclusive going by the TV angles. 

City and Rangers only 2 points ahead of Celtic. With the "old firm" playing on Saturday. 4. Dunno why Malky doesnt seem to rate Cavanagh. The few games I've saw here in this season she has impressed. 

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. You have the same punctuation problem as @Div

We should have won that but - as I've said all season - we have no guile up front without Jane Ross.

The form table makes interesting reading. There's always a bit of an imbalance with this given who has played the top three recently and who hasn't. 

It's six unbeaten in the league now though for Thistle which makes a bit of a mockery of some disparaging remarks made by from some associated the one of those six teams that have failed to beat Thistle, a team they feel they should be beating as our players are supposedly SWPL2 standard. 

IMG-20221120-WA0002.jpg

Edited by John MacLean

17 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Big 2 points dropped for Rangers there. They seem to have reverted back to being shit v the other top 2 sides. Two draws this week. Good night for Glasgow City 

V frustrating.  We battered City 1-1 last week and we battered Celtic 0-0 tonight.  Much the better team in both games and the Celtic keeper getting MotM from Alba says plenty.

For a team who average more than 4 goals a game we really lack guile up front.   Plus Malky persisting with Danielsson on the wing when she should be in the middle and leaving Arnot on the bench when she should be on the  wing doesn't help.

Edited by The_Kincardine

48 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

V frustrating.  We battered City 1-1 last week and we battered Celtic 0-0 tonight.  Much the better team in both games and the Celtic keeper getting MotM from Alba says plenty.

For a team who average more than 4 goals a game we really lack guile up front.   Plus Malky persisting with Danielsson on the wing when she should be in the middle and leaving Arnot on the bench when she should be on the  wing doesn't help.

Definitely Rangers were the better team in both games, but when you're insipid upfront a draw will always be the best you'll get. 

Arnot should be on the wing. She bossed that position last season. Danielsson is a very lazy player. I rated her earlier in the season but she seems so disinterested now. 

Howat in the league isnt the same player she was before the injury. Also why wait so long to introduce Nolf? Why have Cavanagh permanently on the bench and not getting on in big games? I'll go out on a limb here now and say Rangers arent winning the league this season. They have regressed after a big turnaround in personnel in the summer 

55 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Definitely Rangers were the better team in both games, but when you're insipid upfront a draw will always be the best you'll get. 

Arnot should be on the wing. She bossed that position last season. Danielsson is a very lazy player. I rated her earlier in the season but she seems so disinterested now. 

Howat in the league isnt the same player she was before the injury. Also why wait so long to introduce Nolf? Why have Cavanagh permanently on the bench and not getting on in big games? I'll go out on a limb here now and say Rangers arent winning the league this season. They have regressed after a big turnaround in personnel in the summer 

We need changes, for sure, and I mentioned a couple.  But from 1-11 - or even 1-16/17 we're the better team.  You also have to credit McLaughlin and Davison for snuffing out Celtic's key players - Jacynta and Larisey - today,  Both were reduced to playing bit parts with only Max Clifford - who is looking well for his age - being their notable outfield player.

Malky needs to start with the form/more determined players for sure.  But this will happen.

BTW - this Celtic team seem to want to introduce diving, cheating and clogging into the women's game.  Exhibit 1:

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

We need changes, for sure, and I mentioned a couple.  But from 1-11 - or even 1-16/17 we're the better team.  You also have to credit McLaughlin and Davison for snuffing out Celtic's key players - Jacynta and Larisey - today,  Both were reduced to playing bit parts with only Max Clifford - who is looking well for his age - being their notable outfield player.

Malky needs to start with the form/more determined players for sure.  But this will happen.

BTW - this Celtic team seem to want to introduce diving, cheating and clogging into the women's game.  Exhibit 1:

Definitely on paper Rangers have the better squad out of the top 3. Pretty sure it's only 2 games v each team in the league but correct me if I'm wrong on that. Slightly worrying that Rangers have played each "big team" once now and yet to win. Cant see (m)any other teams taking points off City or Celtic.

The remaining games between the top 3 will be interesting. Wouldnt suprise me if one or 2 points separated the top 3 come the end of the season 

57 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Definitely on paper Rangers have the better squad out of the top 3. Pretty sure it's only 2 games v each team in the league but correct me if I'm wrong on that. Slightly worrying that Rangers have played each "big team" once now and yet to win. Cant see (m)any other teams taking points off City or Celtic.

The remaining games between the top 3 will be interesting. Wouldnt suprise me if one or 2 points separated the top 3 come the end of the season 

Two games against each team then a split and two further games against each team.in your half of the league. Rangers, Celtic and City will play each other four times this season without any doubt.