Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

We have allowed the ungrateful c**t to walk for free by the look of things.  

First Lewis Neilson and now Courts somehow getting away from the club without a penny going the other way, very strange that the club aren't able to bank on these opportunities.

Having 3 managers leave in consecutive seasons doesn't look great, but I think it shows how successful United's structure has been in improving the side.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

First Lewis Neilson and now Courts somehow getting away from the club without a penny going the other way, very strange that the club aren't able to bank on these opportunities.

Having 3 managers leave in consecutive seasons doesn't look great, but I think it shows how successful United's structure has been in improving the side.

Has the ‘Lewis Neilson leaving for nothing’ story been confirmed?

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Has the ‘Lewis Neilson leaving for nothing’ story been confirmed?

Hearts have had the last word so far and it was "we got him for free", and as of yet there's been no real rebuttal to it.

41 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Journalists seem convinced Jack Ross will be announced in the next few days.

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Most Courier journalists claiming Jack Ross will be announced as United manager in the next few days.

Be hilarious if he's a disaster as there'll no doubt be a huge fuss made from both sets of supporters.

59 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Scenes when it's Jack Ross and he claims he turned Dundee down because United were interested.

You seem to be more bothered about that than either United or Dundee fans tbh.

They'll need to give him a decent wedge to relocate, but he's certainly the stand-out candidate. Like I said with the Dee job, I can't see him getting a good job in England at the moment so this is probably the best level he can get right now because fairly or unfairly, he's fell down the ladder from Hibs.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

They'll need to give him a decent wedge to relocate, but he's certainly the stand-out candidate. Like I said with the Dee job, I can't see him getting a good job in England at the moment so this is probably the best level he can get right now because fairly or unfairly, he's fell down the ladder from Hibs.

He must be right, not like he has ever been wrong about a new manager.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Wonder if United will sign the likes of Drey Wright and James Scott if it’s Ross. 

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Would United fans accept Mulgrew? Didn't seem to be a huge outcry when Courts was appointed and the rumours suggest it'll be him or Jack Ross so far.

In a year or twos time, not when he still has a lot to offer on the pitch and player manager is a big no, can’t think of it ever working except Alex Neil at hamilton 

Would be very happy with Ross (as per my original post on the matter).

Failing that would have been interested in Jon Dahl Tomasson, purely for what he did to Sevco in Europe. He was apparently in for the Hibs job so shouldn’t have been impossible (I see he’s taken the Blackburn job today though).

Would also make the phone call to Knutson from Bodo Glimt who frankly seems to be a miracle worker. I laughed when he was linked with Aberdeen but apparently the link was genuine, so again may not have been completely outwith the realms of possibility (unless the rumours of McInnes earning £18k p/w at Aberdeen were true and they were willing to give this guy something similar). 

Edited by Junior_Arab