Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

I'm not sure that Courts would be an upgrade on Rijeka's current manager. IMG_20220609_070802.thumb.jpg.0583111cf93c55430ed7bb9793d64a62.jpg

Problem is Mickey is what, close to 100 years old? He could die at any moment.

Fair play to Courts though. Rijeka is a gorgeous city on the Adriatic coast. Plus they are the 3rd largest side in Croatia, have been in the top flight since back in the Yugoslavia days & are the only team to have won the league other than Dinamo in the past 15 years. Haven't finished outside the top 3 since 2012. So long as he's willing to put in the effort to learn the language, which is always a question mark with Scots abroad, great move for him.

Have Dundee United considered Malky Mackay?

Edited by forkboy

8 minutes ago, forkboy said:

Have Dundee United considered Malky Mackay?

I’ve considered Malky Mackay.  I consider him to be a fat racist who I wouldn’t want anywhere near my club.

If Courts gets the Rijeka gig I can imagine mutterings of “Kriste to je bilo dosadno kao pakao” from their fans next season.

17 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

In regards to Ross, there's a boy that does seem to genuinely be ITK with Dundee on our own forum (went through all of his posts and only produced one dud that I can see):

So if United want JR, they'll need to convince the wife.

So knowing in all probability his next job wouldn't be local and his wife didn't want to move, the last thing Ross did was discuss future living arrangements with her. Seems right...

2 hours ago, forkboy said:

Fair play to Courts though. Rijeka is a gorgeous city on the Adriatic coast. Plus they are the 3rd largest side in Croatia, have been in the top flight since back in the Yugoslavia days & are the only team to have won the league other than Dinamo in the past 15 years. Haven't finished outside the top 3 since 2012. So long as he's willing to put in the effort to learn the language, which is always a question mark with Scots abroad, great move for him.

Vast majority of Croat players will have good enough English anyway. Most Croats under 40 speak very decent English.

It's a great move for him if it happens and Rijeka is a really fun city to live in. Not sure if it will work in footballing terms but good luck to him anyway.

1 hour ago, Charles Stiles said:

So knowing in all probability his next job wouldn't be local and his wife didn't want to move, the last thing Ross did was discuss future living arrangements with her. Seems right...

It is. If you were to throw enough money, I'm sure anyone can change their mind.

Edited by Ludo*1

39 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Vast majority of Croat players will have good enough English anyway. Most Croats under 40 speak very decent English.

It's a great move for him if it happens and Rijeka is a really fun city to live in. Not sure if it will work in footballing terms but good luck to him anyway.

Aye, but does Tam speak good enough English? Mind, he's from Fife.

3 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Would that put Courts at a disadvantage?

ETA: @Dundee Hibernian

See the source image

Edited by Jacksgranda

5 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Aye, but does Tam speak good enough English? Mind, he's from Fife.

Rijeka players trying to shoehorn “Ya hoor sir” into their post match interviews could be fun.

12 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

Ludo’s elaborate lies for each time Jack Ross knocks Dundee back are getting more and more wild. Firstly Neil McCann was the manager they always dreamt of, now Jack Ross’ wife won’t let him travel outside of a 20 mile radius. 

Lies?

First of all, the Neil McCann one is just fact.

Secondly, I didn't even claim the second one was something I said. I'd also suggest Newcastle to Dundee is more than just travelling more than a 20 mile radius and not just a trivial thing for anyone.

You absolute supper.

Edited by Ludo*1

Ross is a really good manager at this level but I can't see him being a good fit for the United job in their current structure. He's just left behind a club with a weird messy relationship between the owners and the football department and lots of background politics going on so it would be weird to jump into another.

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Ross is a really good manager at this level but I can't see him being a good fit for the United job in their current structure. He's just left behind a club with a weird messy relationship between the owners and the football department and lots of background politics going on so it would be weird to jump into another.

I presume you mean between the sporting director and the head coach rather than the owners and sporting director. The head coach is certainly subordinate to his boss at United, which won't appeal to a lot of managers.

Jack Ross had a good season with us in 20/21 but the two seasons either side of that weren’t the best. A few really awful performances and results during his time at the club made sure he was never universally popular despite having a good record overall. 

Will be interesting to see how he does if he gets it.