https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/scottish-premiership-clubs-ppv-streaming-215800151.html

Was always likely to happen. However feels very short sighted to me and had hoped clubs would of put pressure to keep this service.

Well aware I am in the minority, certainly for home games, but milage will vary on this for away games, certainly with travel costs, disruption etc the way they are I think less will be inclined to travel but would still like the option to pay the club's ppv costs and watch

I know there will probably be ways and means around this, but these are ways that see our clubs get no income. To others i.e international subscriptions that sees us pay a fraction of the money and none to the opposition for away games. However that's not really my point, where possible I would rather pay full price and not see clubs out of pocket.

For a host of reasons I have little interest in attending a live game now a days, but I still would like to see my team play and where possible pay a price that benefits the clubs as I would if I attended. Basically if the only way to watch is to go then that is really not a big enough draw I'm afraid.  it will either end up me not watching or at a significantly reduced price. 

I'm sure I will be told I'm maybe not a 'real fan' and should just f**k off anyway 

Obviously the introduction of PPV was great when we couldn't attend games and at that point, I would have said it couldn't/shouldn't go on past the end of restrictions. 

But the fear of the brave new world has IMO proved unfounded and has instead brought a lot of supporters closer to their clubs. I haven't seen any evidence that it's impacted on attendances and at anything up to £20 a pop, surely helps cover the costs since the games will still be streamed for the international market. 

A shame that it'll either force fans into not seeing as much of their team, paying for international subs and using a VPN (at a monthly cost equivalent to a single game) or, maybe more, likely using illegal streams, that provide no material benefit to the Scottish game. 

In fact, I'd go as far as to say that if the 3:00pm blackout is such a big issue for the TV companies, I wouldn't even be afraid of removing that in exchange for continued PPV availability. I don't think it would have much of an impact on match-going supporters. 

I think this last year has proven the concept. Like I say the vast majority will want to go to the games and all that entails and I think we can say that attendance has not dropped of in that time. 

When I was attending regularly, season ticked for 30odd years, laterally away games were down to maybe one a year.

In comparison last year I paid every week through the club's channels and watched every game, that was available.

As said I felt more connected to the club by being able to watch all the games....also having a few beers during the game was an added bonus, and smoothed some results over 🤣

Certainly where the benefit come in is those away games as stated costs, but also the 7.45 ko away to county midweek or mid winter away to anyone. Clubs are potentially gaining entrance prices they would not before at no perceive attendance drop off 

Its a stupid idea.

I am sure someone on the previous thread told us that there was somewhere (Italy, maybe?) where they allow 3pm streams and it has had absolutely no negative impact on the crowds at all.

Bonkers and short sighted, but I imagine the IPTV providers are happy with the situation........

Do the provisions in the TV deal that normally prevent 3pm streaming only extend to the Premiership?

If so, it seems a bit spiteful to reintroduce the blocked hours thus preventing lower league clubs from tapping into a vital revenue stream. "If Sky say the Premiership can't do it, no-one can".

The Dundee United international subscription is fantastic value for any Arab unable to attend games in person for any reason.  £180 per annum for all league home and away games.  You’ll need a VPN if in the U.K.

VPN is a piece of cake, Nord is by far the best and pretty cheap.  Can use it on a smart TV, tablet, laptop, fire stick, etc.

ETA you have to put up with the Arab TV commentary team.  :(

Edited by Granny Danger

Would all St Johnstone games be available with a vpn? I saw all games on PPV this season and thought it was wonderful ( not the performances ) This is a disaster.
I pay my season ticket so am supporting the club and bought PPV for all the away games so it’s not finance it’s just the convenience.

39 minutes ago, Broughty said:

Would all St Johnstone games be available with a vpn? I saw all games on PPV this season and thought it was wonderful ( not the performances ) This is a disaster.
I pay my season ticket so am supporting the club and bought PPV for all the away games so it’s not finance it’s just the convenience.

I think it should be. They did say they would be back next year after the playoffs 

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Do it in incognito mode to be safe though...

Why? VPNs are perfectly legal...it's how some people use them that isn't so kosher in the eyes of the law

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

What is a VPN? Old codger question.

Virtual Private Network...used for encrypting your internet connection thus keeping you and your information safe from potential security threats. They can also be used to "trick" websites and apps that you are browsing from another location/country which is the way people get around the geoblocking of videos etc.

8 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Why? VPNs are perfectly legal...it's how some people use them that isn't so kosher in the eyes of the law

Virtual Private Network...used for encrypting your internet connection thus keeping you and your information safe from potential security threats. They can also be used to "trick" websites and apps that you are browsing from another location/country which is the way people get around the geoblocking of videos etc.

Cheers Cptn. 

9 hours ago, Broughty said:

Yes, i've watched every game i've not been at through Saints rather than other clubs. You do need at pay international subscription.

I just used a free browser add-on Touch-VPN.