Musselburgh Athletic 2022/2023

1 hour ago, fanfromafar said:

Casey Jones, I take it that’s your argument gone cold then? 

I would say gone from hot, to warm, certainly not cold. My argument has not changed too much at moment, but come end of season, I will be more than delighted if I am proved wrong. As a Burgh fan I certainly don’t want to see my team fail. But look at my previous 3-4 posts to see why I had these current thoughts. 

Gone hot to warm !!! So you are now starting to slightly warm to the manager now that your teams winning. I’m sure the next time things don’t go your way you will be right back down his neck, Just support the guy.  I’ve read your posts and I’d say it sounds like a personal thing.
you call yourself a burgh fan. If this is a fan I’d hate to be your enemy.

5 minutes ago, fanfromafar said:

Gone hot to warm !!! So you are now starting to slightly warm to the manager now that your teams winning. I’m sure the next time things don’t go your way you will be right back down his neck, Just support the guy.  I’ve read your posts and I’d say it sounds like a personal thing.
you call yourself a burgh fan. If this is a fan I’d hate to be your enemy.

Have you read my posts for the last 5-6 years or just the past few weeks/months? If the former, you will know I am a Burgh fan. I do not think that the manager is right for the club, again I think I have explained why. If you think I am the only fan who thinks like this, then you haven’t been anywhere near Olivebank in past year. I will be more than happy to be proved wrong if the manager/team does pull it round this season

In that case I do hope you have made your feelings very clear to the clubs committee as opposed to an open forum. I don’t think it’s very fair you speaking on behalf of other supporters too. Again it seems very personal. I haven’t been to olivebank in a while since my nephew stopped playing for the burgh but I always like to keep an eye out on their results.

• Every team's judged by its results.  I'd say that was a good one today,  well done today Burgh, well done today Joe et al.

Everybody there today enjoyed it, we all had a great day.  Brian. get behind the management team we've got now.  I loved Geordie (and as a human being still do) but he moved on, it's looking like Joe'll keep us going the right way as well though,  he's as happy as we are today with that.

I'm happy where we are.

1 hour ago, RobM said:
  • Every team's judged by its results.  I'd say that was a good one today,  well done today Burgh, well done today Joe et al.

Everybody there today enjoyed it, we all had a great day.  Brian. get behind the management team we've got now.  I loved Geordie (and as a human being still do) but he moved on, it's looking like Joe'll keep us going the right way as well though,  he's as happy as we are today with that.

I'm happy where we are.

Just because im nosey I text my nephew and asked who “brian” was aka Casey Jones and it seems mr pacey you also have a love for a certain other East Lothian side this season, ironically Joes ex-club Haddington and you say it’s not personal !! some die hard mussy fan you are mate.
He also told me quite a few other home truths that I certainly won’t be repeating on here but I will say this much that it’s very ironic you saying that its the manager who is disliked at Olivebank. Glass windows and all that.
To draw a line under this, enjoy your football season Brian, whoever it maybe you are following, I don’t preach to be a burgh fan but I always like to see them do well. I’ll be sure to introduce myself next time I make it along to Olivebank, if you’re there that is of course. 

Mon the Burgh.

After an opening day defeat to Crossgates, I'm not sure even the most optimistic Musselburgh supporter would have predicted 4 points from our next 2 games! 

Compared to last Saturday, Musselburgh were excellent midweek, and yesterday it was more of the same! Yes, Linlithgow probably had 70% possession but as their manager said, "we barely laid a glove on Musselburgh".

With the same starting 11 as Tuesday, Mussy defended magnificently from front to back. Yes, the management team have had their doubters, myself included, but nobody can deny their delight today, securing 4 points away from home against 2 of the league's big spenders! 

We go again Saturday against Tynecastle, and after our last 2 performances, a win is a must to continue our good recent form! #montheburgh 💙

On 07/08/2022 at 04:17, fanfromafar said:

Just because im nosey I text my nephew and asked who “brian” was aka Casey Jones and it seems mr pacey you also have a love for a certain other East Lothian side this season, ironically Joes ex-club Haddington and you say it’s not personal !! some die hard mussy fan you are mate.
He also told me quite a few other home truths that I certainly won’t be repeating on here but I will say this much that it’s very ironic you saying that its the manager who is disliked at Olivebank. Glass windows and all that.
To draw a line under this, enjoy your football season Brian, whoever it maybe you are following, I don’t preach to be a burgh fan but I always like to see them do well. I’ll be sure to introduce myself next time I make it along to Olivebank, if you’re there that is of course. 

Mon the Burgh.

You question me for being too personal, but then do all you can to detail my full name in your last post? Perhaps you are right in your thoughts, but that is generally what a forum is for; for people to raise their thoughts, mainly on their own team but also on others when there is a common interest. 

Just a couple of points to address your posts.

I have been a Musselburgh supporter since moving there in 2002 and still am, regardless of what you or perhaps your nephew think. I chose to take a sabbatical from Olivebank just over a year ago. A small group of fans, committee and players at Musselburgh know my reasons.

As you say, I watch Haddington at Millfield these days, mainly because I live in Haddington. That doesn’t mean I don’t support Musselburgh. I have no idea what you meant in your last post by ‘glass houses’ 

You are the 3rd person in recent weeks who appear to have taken umbrage at my posts on P&B. So, I will keep my personal thoughts to myself and stay off the site for a while. The site should be about the club not about me/individuals. 

Edited by Casey Jones

On 06/08/2022 at 21:52, Casey Jones said:

If you think I am the only fan who thinks like this, then you haven’t been anywhere near Olivebank in past year.

39 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

I chose to take a sabbatical away from Olivebank just over a year ago.

:lol:

2 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

You question me for being too personal, but then do all you can to detail my full name in your last post? Perhaps you are right in your thoughts, but that is generally what a forum is for; for people to raise their thoughts, mainly on their own team but also on others when there is a common interest. 

I have been a Musselburgh supporter since moving there in 2002 and still am, regardless of what you or perhaps your nephew think. I chose to take a sabbatical from Olivebank just over a year ago. A small group of fans, committee and players at Musselburgh know my reasons.

As you say, I watch Haddington at Millfield these days, mainly because I live in Haddington. That doesn’t mean I don’t support Musselburgh. I have no idea what you meant in your last post by ‘glass houses’ 

You are the 3rd person in recent weeks who appear to have taken umbrage at my posts on P&B. So, I will keep my personal thoughts to myself and stay off the site for a while. The site should be about the club not about me/individuals. 

As said in my last post I was happy to draw a line under things and move on, but just quickly…..

1. I never mention your FULL NAME. And I would hardly say I do “all I can” to do so, calm down. 

2. For someone who (in your own words) has not been at Olivebank for over a year now. How can you possibly comment in a personal manor about the team / manager in any shape or form. 

3. And finally, if I’m now the 3rd person, then maybe a good look in the mirror is required.

mon the burgh

Edited by fanfromafar

On 09/08/2022 at 00:51, Casey Jones said:

You really are a "darkhorse" and seem all confused in your posts sir! Now a haddington follower, but claiming to be a musselburgh stalwart as well!! Probably better that you do stay off the site for a while! Yes, you are correct, the site is not all about you!!!

On 07/08/2022 at 04:17, fanfromafar said:

Mon the Burgh.

Yes, if he is there of course, which i very much doubt!!! The word "strange", alas, has a habit of following "brian" around!! A die hard mussy fan , never!!!

On 06/08/2022 at 21:24, Casey Jones said:

I would say gone from hot, to warm, certainly not cold. My argument has not changed too much at moment, but come end of season, I will be more than delighted if I am proved wrong. As a Burgh fan I certainly don’t want to see my team fail. But look at my previous 3-4 posts to see why I had these current thoughts. 

The "confusion" in this post is "priceless", as a burgh fan? Dont want to see my team fail? You sir, need to take a step back from this site, and set up a "haddington" page!!!

6 hours ago, groundhopper 184 said:

The "confusion" in this post is "priceless", as a burgh fan? Dont want to see my team fail? You sir, need to take a step back from this site, and set up a "haddington" page!!!

@groundhopper 184  This seems to be getting a little too personal.  There's a lot of talk about peoples mental health these days and I think you should take a step back from your witch hunt.  No one is interested in your wee game.  Grow up and move on ffs.

2 hours ago, MrIrvinePollock said:

@groundhopper 184  This seems to be getting a little too personal.  There's a lot of talk about peoples mental health these days and I think you should take a step back from your witch hunt.  No one is interested in your wee game.  Grow up and move on ffs.

You enjoy your football now my good friend!

On 09/08/2022 at 02:35, fanfromafar said:

As said in my last post I was happy to draw a line under things and move on, but just quickly…..

1. I never mention your FULL NAME. And I would hardly say I do “all I can” to do so, calm down. 

2. For someone who (in your own words) has not been at Olivebank for over a year now. How can you possibly comment in a personal manor about the team / manager in any shape or form. 

3. And finally, if I’m now the 3rd person, then maybe a good look in the mirror is required.

mon the burgh

Three good answers there sir! (especially the second one) Think the case is now closed on the great "pretender"!! But hope the cj lad enjoys his football this season where ever he turns up!!!

On 10/08/2022 at 15:56, groundhopper 184 said:

Let's concentrate on the football! A must win for Musselburgh on Saturday after 2 very good performances away against top opposition. No point doing that if we can't win our home games against so called lesser teams. #montheburgh 💙

FB_IMG_1660255360349.jpg

2 hours ago, Passthebaw said:

Let's concentrate on the football! A must win for Musselburgh on Saturday after 2 very good performances away against top opposition. No point doing that if we can't win our home games against so called lesser teams. #montheburgh 💙

FB_IMG_1660255360349.jpg

Yes, exactly, and good luck to the lads on saturday! Mon the burgh!