Musselburgh Athletic 2022/2023

On 11/10/2022 at 09:50, magoo said:

Tip for Musselburgh fans,do not reply to this fken idiot....

the burra hae never been the same since calvin shand departed n thats a fact - the legend is now "starring" in the over 35s amateur league - a "feast" of fitbaw a might add where class is permanent👏😉👍

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Blue White Dynamite said:

Highlights would suggest Penicuik were comfortably the better team, however it was much tighter than shown. If anything, you may have just shaded it but many felt a draw was a fair result. Poor park to play football on. 

Highlights would suggest Penicuik were comfortably the better team, however it was much tighter than shown. If anything, you may have just shaded it but many felt a draw was a fair result. Poor park to play football on. 

Out of curiosity, what do you think is missing? Genuinely when I edit the highlights I try to include everything for both sides so I wonder what I missed? It’s funny because every-time we play Musselburgh I seem to get a bit of criticism for the highlights!

Think Stevie summed it up post match, we maybe shaded it, your keeper had more saves than ours but we didn’t take our chances.

Thought both teams tried to play football rather than lump it long on a ‘poor’ park.

17 hours ago, Blue White Dynamite said:

Out of curiosity, what do you think is missing? Genuinely when I edit the highlights I try to include everything for both sides so I wonder what I missed? It’s funny because every-time we play Musselburgh I seem to get a bit of criticism for the highlights!

Think Stevie summed it up post match, we maybe shaded it, your keeper had more saves than ours but we didn’t take our chances.

Thought both teams tried to play football rather than lump it long on a ‘poor’ park.

I'm not saying the highlights were biased. Not at all. It just looks like one way traffic until our flurry at the end. I didn't feel that at the game. 

I agree, if anything you may have just shaded it, as I said.

Apologies for any offence. Not intended. I always enjoy your aerial content whoever it's against 👍

On 07/12/2022 at 16:58, bobbydazzler said:

watching the highlights both teams needing someone who can stick the ball in the back of the net

Musselburgh have been very unlucky with injuries this year. King, Jones, Thomson and Smith latterly, all offensive players. But with the best defensive record in the league, things are looking good down Ob way! Get these boys back in 2023 and you never know! 💙

Good to get to a game and a fine win for The Burgh against LTHV tonight. Seriously questionable about the plastic pitch being playable, but both teams put on a decent end to end game and 5 goal thriller. Hutchie will feel aggrieved at not getting a point, but if they keep playing like that they'll soon climb the table. 

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, RedLichty said:

A hard watch today.  No consistency this season at all. 

Agreed on the hard watch yesterday. Poor officials but not an excuse. Poor across the park.

But i disagree on consistency. Not many disappointing performances since the new gaffer came in. 3 home wins in the next 3 weeks gets us back on track. 💙

17 hours ago, Passthebaw said:

Harsh on BU who competed well and probably deserved something from the game. Mussy won ugly and will play better and lose. 

Bottom 3 teams in a row at home. 1 down, 2 to go and 9 points takes us to 2nd in the table. 💙

Thought Blackburn were better side in 2nd half and very unlucky when ball stated off bar and no one there to pop ball into the net. However, given early chances in match, Burgh would have been unhappy if they’d dropped points yesterday. Agree that next 2 home matches should get maximum 6 pts. Laing looks solid as last man of defence, a testimony in Burgh currently having share of fewest goals conceded in Premier league this season.

Up front, with Darren Donnie away, Mathu King and Andy Jones injured, I think Burgh could do with a target man. Lots of speedy, good playing youngsters up front, but a burly forward should/would, hopefully yield more scoring chances.

Don’t think Burgh ( or any other team) are catching Linlithgow this season. Paddy Power would already be paying out on the Rose winning the league. However, no reason why Musselburgh can’t finish top 3 come end of May. 

PTB - miss your match thoughts, so hopefully you will get back on this over the coming weeks👍