Champions League 2022/23

Coooombe

I'm no Paulo Maldini, but I'd think staying goal side of arguably the world's best striker and world's best winger at the edge of your own box would be priority number one for Liverpool players tonight.

Honestly, the lack of defensive improvement in Trent over the last few years is damning to Klopp and his coaching staff. He's fucking awful.

1 minute ago, Jacky1990 said:

Honestly, the lack of defensive improvement in Trent over the last few years is damning to Klopp and his coaching staff. He's fucking awful.

There's nothing to coach because 'Trent' has been told by everybody since day one that he's a special little flower who doesn't need to do the dutiful parts of the game. It's clearly not a lack of positional or situational awareness by this point - he just doesn't want to do it. 

A the classic ‘the games over why are they bothering’ line from McManaman. 

Well Steve, the referee had to apply the laws of the game that’s why. He doesn’t stop applying them when it’s clear who’s winning the fucking match.

Just now, TheScarf said:

A the classic ‘the games over why are they bothering’ line from McManaman. 

Well Steve, the referee had to apply the laws of the game that’s why. He doesn’t stop applying them when it’s clear who’s winning the fucking match.

If that had been given I think McManaman might have spontaneously combusted. What a state to get into. 

6 minutes ago, virginton said:

he just doesn't want to do it. 

Thats exactly it.

The number of times a winger just runs past him off the ball and he shows no effort to get back goal side. 

Always bombs it forward at any opportunity though.

The fact there were folk genuinely saying he was going to end up the best full back of all time and was already better than Cafu. 🤣

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Am I the only one who thought Real playing YNWA over the tannoy was taking the piss, rather than the "classy" move all the pundits think it was?

Nope. 

Thought it was hilariously condescending.

"Aww, sorry Jurgen, pumped your team while in third gear. Here, let your fans have a wee singsong while we focus on the draw for the next round"

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Am I the only one who thought Real playing YNWA over the tannoy was taking the piss, rather than the "classy" move all the pundits think it was?

Aye it’s definitely a rib.

Been a sensational CL for Serie A so far this year, would be great to see Napoli win it. Playing with some outrageous flair whilst humping Frankfurt.

Although I remember thinking the same of Ziyech before Chelsea ruined him.

Hoping Bayern or Real get the chance to hammer Chelsea in the next round.