Love Island 2022

Louis Litt

Danica said a line that was proper David Brent last night when she was talking with Reece.  I can't mind exactly what she said but it was like I was watching the scene with Karen Roper in it. The 'exploring yourself' scene.

The wife has had this on for the past week or so. I have seen some of it. 

Can't say I know all the names, but the guys in this series are really, really immature and insecure. The guy who's girl accidentally called him by another name getting all worked up about eggs ffs. 

And that movie night, jeezo. Every time a clip came on two of the guys were giggling like kids and hugging like their team had scored a cup winning goal. 

Not sure if this is just me being middle aged or if they really are as bad as they seem. 

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

The wife has had this on for the past week or so. I have seen some of it. 

Can't say I know all the names, but the guys in this series are really, really immature and insecure. The guy who's girl accidentally called him by another name getting all worked up about eggs ffs. 

And that movie night, jeezo. Every time a clip came on two of the guys were giggling like kids and hugging like their team had scored a cup winning goal. 

Not sure if this is just me being middle aged or if they really are as bad as they seem. 

No, they're all awful.

Danica, so desperate to be in a couple and get some validation, falling over herself to agree with everything that newbie was saying to her, interrupting to agree with a point that hadn't been made yet.

Really disappointed in Adam, unless he has a secret masterplan. He was put in there to cause commotion and wind people up and gets rid of Jacques on the first day but since then he's done nothing and now wants to be exclusive with Paige after a week. This was not your mission, Bond.

I saw Coco suggest that some of the blokes in the villa had described her as being a 4/10. Leaving that there without comment.

6 hours ago, MSU said:

No, they're all awful.

Danica, so desperate to be in a couple and get some validation, falling over herself to agree with everything that newbie was saying to her, interrupting to agree with a point that hadn't been made yet.

Really disappointed in Adam, unless he has a secret masterplan. He was put in there to cause commotion and wind people up and gets rid of Jacques on the first day but since then he's done nothing and now wants to be exclusive with Paige after a week. This was not your mission, Bond.

I saw Coco suggest that some of the blokes in the villa had described her as being a 4/10. Leaving that there without comment.

I think Adam’s plan is to show how easy it is to win the £50k after gaining all of the notoriety in the last series he was on. He’s absolutely walking it as well, although the final twist would be if the big handsome devil won with Paige and then stole the cash.

6 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

the final twist would be if the big handsome devil won with Paige and then stole the cash

They can do that? Win as a couple and as a final pie steal the cash. like Goldenballs?

1 minute ago, MSU said:

They can do that? Win as a couple and as a final pie steal the cash. like Goldenballs?

Yeah they can, although they never usually do because they know it makes them look like shits when they come out.

There also isn't enough of a motivation for doing it. They can probably earn comfortably more than £50k on their first day back in the UK alone if they want to. They either need to significantly increase the prize money so some might consider splitting (and even that feels doubtful), or just devise another idea for that bit altogether. 

On 09/06/2022 at 23:07, DrewDon said:

In Luca, we might finally have unearthed a worthy successor to the great Adam Collard. 

Without doubt, the worst post in the history of Pie and Bovril. My account must have been hacked on 9th June at 23:07. 

I mean, flirting in a second language must be really difficult, but that conversation between Nathalia and Davide was basically like having to make small talk in the office with a colleague you don't really know that well. 

To be fair the first person that actually steals the money could probably go on to get themselves a lot of money and PR afterwards as a nasty Nick type.

More boring pish tonight, predictable snore fest re-coupling.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

The islander I'd like to couple up with is ... [pregnant pause] ... [camera cuts three times around the firepit] ... [bit more of a pause] ... the only c**t left standing.

[music swells of a remix of a Westlife song from 20 years ago]

[Iain Stirling says something unrelated about Charlie being posh or something]

11 hours ago, TheScarf said:

This is the worst series I’ve ever watched. Utter horseshit.

Challenge accepted. 

Have a look at either the last series of Star Trek Discovery, or series 12 of Doctor Who. You won't be able to uncringe for a week after Orphan 55.

The Irish season of Sons of Anarchy too. 

Spoiler

Sorry for going off topic

11 hours ago, DrewDon said:

It has been ruined by the woke mob. Producers too concerned that an Islander calls someone a 'twat' or something and they get a million complaints. 

Yep. Producers also too afraid to do a decent challenge like guess who the headlines or tweets are about incase someone gets really upset.

42 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Yep. Producers also too afraid to do a decent challenge like guess who the headlines or tweets are about incase someone gets really upset.

Spot on. If they aired those challenges this year the #BeKind mob would be signing petitions for it to be debated in House of Commons.