My 'Best of' this Season

Hope you guys don't mind a pretty personal post.

I've spent the season groundhopping through all levels of our football pyramid. I've visited 50 clubs and covered every single division and I thought I'd share my 'best of'

https://groundhopscot.wordpress.com/2022/06/06/21-22-end-of-season-review/

If you're not interested that's cool. If you can give it a read that'd also be great.

If anyone has done similar - even just a few grounds it'd be great to hear what your favourites are and how your experiences went.

In scotland we love to beat each other up but there's a lot to be cherished and I feel like I've captured that this season.

I picked a club of the season, team of the season, best food, best ground, best game and best atmosphere along with a best 11 based on the one or two games I saw the guys play.

What did you get up to this season?

Excellent article mon frère. The Fraserburgh game sounds like a great occasion. I used to go to uni with the Chairman's wife, so I look out for their results etc. They seem like a great club.

I loved the bit about Somerset too. In the sunshine it's absolutely beautiful.

Great stuff and excellent read.  

After over a year of no live football, I made a vow to go to as many games as possible during 2021-22. In the end I managed 58 matches across four countries. 38 different grounds of which 22 were first visits. Like yourself I watched games from the Premiership down to East of Scotland Premier and West of Scotland Premier. 

In England I watched games ranging from EPL down to Isthmain premier. 

Also managed to get in some games in Europe in Denmark and Sweden. 

Best games were:

Hearts V Dundee United 5-2

B93 V HIF (Danish 3rd tier) 3-3

Alloa V Peterhead 2-4.

Worst matches

Carshalton V Bowers & Pitsea 0-0 (which was slightly better than.. 👇)

Arsenal V Burnley 0-0

Best atmosphere: 

Watford V Norwich

Malmö V Mjallby

Brondby V Kopenhavn.

A very enjoyable season. Will continue to groundhop next season, bit probably not as many as 58 games this time. As I would like to go to complete the EPL next season. As well as watch a few Aldershot and Celtic games. Hoping to tick of the Czech Republic in September. 

On 07/06/2022 at 08:50, atfccfc said:

Great stuff and excellent read.  

After over a year of no live football, I made a vow to go to as many games as possible during 2021-22. In the end I managed 58 matches across four countries. 38 different grounds of which 22 were first visits. Like yourself I watched games from the Premiership down to East of Scotland Premier and West of Scotland Premier. 

In England I watched games ranging from EPL down to Isthmain premier. 

Also managed to get in some games in Europe in Denmark and Sweden. 

Best games were:

Hearts V Dundee United 5-2

B93 V HIF (Danish 3rd tier) 3-3

Alloa V Peterhead 2-4.

Worst matches

Carshalton V Bowers & Pitsea 0-0 (which was slightly better than.. 👇)

Arsenal V Burnley 0-0

Best atmosphere: 

Watford V Norwich

Malmö V Mjallby

Brondby V Kopenhavn.

A very enjoyable season. Will continue to groundhop next season, bit probably not as many as 58 games this time. As I would like to go to complete the EPL next season. As well as watch a few Aldershot and Celtic games. Hoping to tick of the Czech Republic in September. 

Quite the mix! Scandinavia would be some experience. For personal reasons I'd like to get down to Basingstoke & South Shields but I'll need the dates to be kind.

How many to complete the EPL?

9 hours ago, GroundhopScot said:

Quite the mix! Scandinavia would be some experience. For personal reasons I'd like to get down to Basingstoke & South Shields but I'll need the dates to be kind.

How many to complete the EPL?

6. Brentford, Brighton, Southampton, Tottenham, Leicester and West Ham. 

I have been to all the old stadiums with the exception of Leicester in the past. Think Tottenham will be the hardest as they require expensive memberships for the right to buy a ticket! Despite never selling out.