Site Performance

BFTD

Question

Could just be me, but I've noticed the site getting slower in the past few months. The search function's almost unusable now - you're much better off using Google to find the thread you're looking for - and the Submit button has a good long think before posting (as should we all).

Is it just me, or are we going to need another culling soon?

10 answers to this question

Kinda related (maybe) - when I click onto a thread it initially takes me to the “unread replies” marker, before it then does a wee bit more loading and shunts me a few posts further down the page. So you then need to scroll back up.

One of those wee things that annoys you far more than it should.

9 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Could just be me, but I've noticed the site getting slower in the past few months. The search function's almost unusable now - you're much better off using Google to find the thread you're looking for - and the Submit button has a good long think before posting (as should we all).

Is it just me, or are we going to need another culling soon?

Of members or...

The logs don't suggest any sort of slow down but I'll have a look at the health of the database and see if there's anything we can do to speed things up.

Seems to have been better for me in the past week or so. Back to being fast and responsive.

Don't know about the search function as I try to avoid using it now.

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I reckon Div is deliberately slowing down the site so we need to buy the new version when it comes out, like Apple do. 

Missing a trick by not providing faster access to the Platinum ubermensch.

Although you'd think being able to read Gold members' private messages would be enough.