Wales v Ukraine

Lex

Wales boss Page showing Clarke how to play Ukraine. What a fucking embarrassment we are. An irrelevance in world football.  And Ukraine will probably pump us again in Nations League.

You really, really hate Scotland don’t you.
(Statement not question)

Is it because thistle are shite and you also are an inadequate human being, or just bitter at your well deserved Covid relegation?

Imagine if in the summer of 1998 you’d have said:
‘In the next 25 years Wales will qualify for three times as many major tournaments as Scotland’
You’d have been wheeled off in a straitjacket.

I stand corrected. But a country with only 4 actual top class league clubs they still put us to utter shame.

Maybe, but they don’t have two monsters founded on and continuing to live off of sectarian hatred, to the detriment of the rest of the teams, the national side and the country as a whole

13 minutes ago, Lex said:

Imagine if in the summer of 1998 you’d have said:
‘In the next 25 years Wales will qualify for three times as many major tournaments as Scotland’
You’d have been wheeled off in a straitjacket.

To me, in that game there, vs our game during the week the thing that bothered me the most was the passion and commitment shown by the Welsh vs the complete lack of it by us. It’s so, so disappointing.

26 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:
To me, in that game there, vs our game during the week the thing that bothered me the most was the passion and commitment shown by the Welsh vs the complete lack of it by us. It’s so, so disappointing.

I’ve been thinking this for a while. Even when you take Bale and Ramsey out, if you look at the rest of their players, they just seem to have a bit more oomph about them. I’d say the same for likes of Iceland and Ireland previously as well (and maybe even Northern Ireland to some degree) - there’s not much overall between their squads and ours but they just seem to have that little bit extra.

Edited by Highland Capital

Very Wales. Getting through in the spawniest way possible. Deflected goal and stonewall penalty that even with VAR the officials couldn't get right.

Hope they get humped.

11 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You're not getting the Scotland job, Yogi.

I follow a fair amount of Welsh football folk online, and they seem to have an overall togetherness as well as a culture/spirit around the national side (that has been building for the best part of a decade) that for various reasons, we just don't seem to have. This bleeds through to the players to the point where they all are all absolutely daft about playing for Wales and some of them openly use club football as a means to keep fit for internationals.

I don't put too much emphasis on the cliched intangibles like desire, passion and so on - and do believe we're going in the right direction - but aye there was a noticeable difference in overall attitude from Wales compared to ourselves. The atmosphere dropped pretty quickly on Wednesday and turned to frustration at times even before the goal, which didn't really happen tonight. 

Edited by Fratelli

Wales play like that every game. Looking like they could run all day and never stop running. Compare that with the game on Wednesday night and you can see why Wales have been better than us for a decade. 

It sounds very ‘yer da’ but the Wales players look like they’re possessed whenever when they pull on that red shirt.