Season 2022-23 and who will finish where?

18 hours ago, Leith Green said:

What a trumpet.

A trophy you call the wee cup hasn't been in gorgie since 1963. 

Embarrassing really - a bit like your last LC final when you all thought you had it won........til St Mirren made you cry.

Fuckin boo hoo

And yet:

Hertz have won it four times, Hibs have won it thrice. Just in case you need it fully spelled out: Hearts haven't won it since the early sixties but are still a more successful League Cup side than Hibernian. Minter!

St Mirren deserved their win as they papped Celtic out in the semi-final. Hertz were also a shambles then. Nowhere near as funny as being emptied from the group stage half-way through the school holidays, mind.

oof-damn.gif

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I personally feel sorry for anyone who hasn't seen their team win both.

Our domination of the League Cup sadly ended just before I was born.

Fortunately, in my lifetime, we have won the League, the Scottish Cup twice, and played in a European final, so swings and roundabouts.

21 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Hearts, I think, are going to find playing 8 midweek European games in the first half of the season a real struggle. It will be some achievement if the team can come through that to finish third again. I'd be surprised.

I would argue Hearts have the 3rd strongest squad as things stand and have strengthened their side even further this window. If you don't finish third it'll be due to your endeavours in Europe hampering your domestic campaign.

Dundee Utd have also made some decent signings and will likely be up there competing for the top 3/4 spots.

As an Aberdeen fan, I'm anticipating a tough season ahead and honestly have no idea how we are going to do. Top 4 would be very much welcome after last seasons debacle. As always I hope for the elusive 3rd spot and claim of best of the rest.

Don't underestimate McInnes' Kille. I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if he managed to get them into Europe this season.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

5 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I personally feel sorry for anyone who hasn't seen their team win both in the same season. 

FTFY. 

Anyway, lots of people predicting us to finish bottom. I suspect they will be right. 

What has heartened me more over pre-season isn't anything we've done but that two or three other clubs don't look in brilliant shape either. 

What I would say is that although our squad isn't great it is salvageable with two or three smart loans IF they change the manager early enough. 

Not in a pulling up trees sense but in a we might not be entirely doomed sense. 

1. Celtic
  2. Rangers
  3. Hearts
  4. Aberdeen
  5. Kilmarnock
  6. Dundee United
  7. Livingston
  8. Motherwell
  9. St Johnstone
  10. Hibernian
  11. Ross County
  12. St Mirren

My thinking is that the bigoted Malky Mackay will have 'served his time' and his top six finish with County will see him earn a move (probably to Hibs to replace the shambolic Lee Johnson, knowing our luck). 

Edited by HibsFan

12 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I personally feel sorry for anyone who hasn't seen their team win both.

Indeed.

Anyway...

1. Sellick
  2. Rangers (2012)
  3. Any
  4. Of
  5. Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd
  6. Any
  7. of
  8. St. Mirren, Motherwell and Hibs
  9. Livingston or
  10. Ross County
  11. Kilmarnock
  12. Saintees.

For me or depends on whether Celtic can manage not to embarrass themselves in Europe again. Rangers' run obviously gave Celtic much freshness and ultimately the title.

Rangers to win the league. Celtic second.

Hearts third by a distance, then Aberdeen.

The rest is pretty pointless barring the the two Saints making up both bottom slots. 

Whoever finished 11th survives through the playoffs.