2022/23 UEFA Nations League

Second yellow for the hand ball for the penalty 

double yellows for dissent , it was a handball all day long but VAR did wait to call it when Armenia were attacking at the other end. The guy lost the plot and the head went. 

one or two others could of got yellows surrounding the ref 

Edited by denltfc

Based on Wales performances would you say that’s there run at the top finished for now? 

Bale is all but done at the top level, Ramsey likewise. New guys such as Ampadu haven’t kicked on yet in the way they might’ve been expected to do. 

I just don’t see them reaching these highs again after the World Cup. 

30 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Based on Wales performances would you say that’s there run at the top finished for now? 

Bale is all but done at the top level, Ramsey likewise. New guys such as Ampadu haven’t kicked on yet in the way they might’ve been expected to do. 

I just don’t see them reaching these highs again after the World Cup. 

I would think so. They’ll go the way of Iceland now.

Our turn for a golden generation now. I don’t think we have anyone in the same class as Bale, but we have far more top level players than Wales 2016-2022. 

Edited by Donathan

Nations League finals will be played in The Netherlands. The stadiums that will be used are in Rotterdam (Feyenoord, semi-final of the Dutch team & final) and Enschede (FC Twente, other semi-final and 3rd place match).

I happen to be in the country for non-football related reasons that week. Hopefully I can get tickets for this.

• 3 months later...

Nations League: Uefa reveals 'more compelling' expanded format for tournament from 2024 - BBC Sport

Uefa says the introduction of quarter-finals and promotion play-offs to a revised Nations League will make it a "more compelling" competition.

The new expanded format will begin in September 2024.

There will still be groups of four but, for the 16 highest-ranked League A teams, the top two will qualify for a two-legged quarter-final in March 2025, with group winners facing runners-up. The winners of those matches will go into the 'Final Four' in June 2025.

As with the current format, the side finishing fourth in their League A group will be relegated. But a side finishing third will go into a promotion play-off with a side finishing second in League B, and also held over two legs.

Scotland have been promoted to League A for the 2024-25 event, with England relegated to League B alongside Wales, and Northern Ireland are in League C.

"This makes the Nations League a more compelling competition, with more interesting and attractive knockout matches, " said Uefa deputy general secretary Giorgio Marchetti.