2022/23 UEFA Nations League

2 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

That ref looks strangely familiar. I know it doesn't narrow it down but did he make a dubious decision against us in the recent past?

Not sure, he's not one of the ones I have an effigy of on a dartboard anyway. 

Ref's generally seem to be letting more things go these days but surely that shouldn't extend to some carthorse punting someone in the shin after being hilariously megged.

6 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I watched the Wales game last night and it was another in a long line of examples of guys who play in the lower end of the Barclays/upper end of the Skybet looking like they were on the gear last night.  They look like men possessed every time they cross the white line for Wales and it was one bit of quality from the main man that carved then open for the winner.

Apart from Bale, they're all absolute nobodies at club level but together they're the 12th best team in Europe at international level.  Quite bizarre.

watching the Ukraine game the Wales defenders, particularly Ben Davies, were like men possessed, blocking every shot, getting a diving foot on any goalward bound shot. We don't have that at the moment and that's the difference. Whether that dies off when Bale retires or not remains to be seen but a few moral destroying losses should help get them back where they belong.