2022/23 UEFA Nations League

The production is pausing it when the ball is played - the way they do when they're seeing if a player is onside, and yet they aren't even mentioning it. Surely you'd at the very least dismiss any chance of it?

The more I watch top level football the more I get confused by the sport tbh.

Just now, Melanius Mullarkay said:

If the Welsh c**t booting the Ukrainian c**t isn’t a penalty then I’m not sure what is anymore.

I say this almost weekly tbh. The problem with VAR isn't the rules themselves, but that the applications of them is still subjective, and each game you have a different VAR official.

Consistency is lost and the original problem, rather than being solved, remains.

12 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

That cant be right, surely? He cant score a legitimate goal so surely the goal should be flagged offside?

Even if he got punched or something id say it would be offside but a red card for the defender.

Is there a You Are The Ref that clears this up :lol:

Edit: if this is the rule then i want years worth of disallowed goals on PES back, offsides were always first even if you got cleaned out, ha

It's certainly not a rule/interpretation PES/Fifa games bother with but it is true.

Screenshot_20220607-215436_Chrome~2.jpg

I'm also not sure why Schlotterbeck was not sent off. What legitimate attempt to play the ball did he make? Or could he not be ordered off for denial of a clear goalscoring opportunity because Kane could not legally score?

4 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

It's certainly not a rule/interpretation PES/Fifa games bother with but it is true.

Given he was marking him, could it not be argued he did challenge Schlotterbeck for the ball?

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Could it not be argued he did challenge Schlotterbeck for the ball?

I'm not sure Schlotterbeck is ever trying to play the ball, just running back, so I'm not sure it would count.

One of the great aspects of modern football is taking the relatively simple concept of offside and developing it to the point where Schrödinger couldn't tell if the cat was off or onside regardless of whether the flag was mibbes up or mibbes doon.

13 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

The example given there is that the forward is waiting with a chance of playing the ball. Kane couldn’t play the ball because it’s past him before any contact by either player. As he has attempted to play the ball as it has gone past him offside is the first offence.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

I say this almost weekly tbh. The problem with VAR isn't the rules themselves, but that the applications of them is still subjective, and each game you have a different VAR official.

Consistency is lost and the original problem, rather than being solved, remains.

Just wait till we have it here and the first controversial moment in a Fran v Anna derby.  If tonight's refereeing/VAR decisions are the standard, then Fat Sally will be demanding to know not only who the VAR guys were, but where they live so he can unleash the bigoted morons off their leash.

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

I'm also not sure why Schlotterbeck was not sent off. What legitimate attempt to play the ball did he make? Or could he not be ordered off for denial of a clear goalscoring opportunity because Kane could not legally score?

They did away with last man fouls being a sending off a few years back if they occur in the penalty box as it was felt that the triple jeopardy of a red card, penalty and suspension was overly harsh punishment.

You do still get sent off for a last man foul outside the box though