Cove's next manager..

Cove's next manager  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

😬

Hopefully he can bring some energy and pace and not journeymen looking for there last paycheck

Woods is absolutely honking. McIntyre loves him for some reason. 36 now…

8 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

😬

Hopefully he can bring some energy and pace and not journeymen looking for there last paycheck

I can assure you with complete certainty that Martin Woods will not bring any energy or pace.

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Jim quoted saying

"The next few days are going to be pretty hectic as I get to know the players and assess what we need for the coming season, but I’m really looking forward to it, and can’t wait to get started!”

Very interested to see / hear his assessment of the squad and where we need strengthened. Even more interested to see the first few signings. What players can he attract to the club and how will his footballing style/philosophy differ to Hartley's.

10 years ago now but McIntyre was a 4-4-2 man with two tricky wingers and two strikers,  target man and poacher combo upfront. Played attacking football. Much better than recent dullard managers we've employed in recent times.

1 minute ago, Chubbychops said:

10 years ago now but McIntyre was a 4-4-2 man with two tricky wingers and two strikers,  target man and poacher combo upfront. Played attacking football. Much better than recent dullard managers we've employed in recent times.

County fans tell me the say thing about the 4-4-2 formation. I'm a fan of 2 up top and especially having a target man. Rory and Mitch work very well together and I hope he continues that and/or brings in a younger Rory.

I've been looking through his past signings, especially at County and there was some good players. Brian Graham, Goodwillie (granted he's completely tarnished), Joe Cardle, Liam Boyce, Michael Gardyne, Richard Foster.

His first game, a friendly against the Pars. Weird how football works.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

McIntyre should be okay. You’ll get plenty Dundee fans laughing whilst completing ignoring the other stuff that the guy has done in his career.

The short spell at Dundee was a complete disaster no getting away from that. Generally elsewhere (Dunfermline, QoS,County) he's done alright. 

Wasn't my choice, far from it, but hoping he does well.

Hope the Cove lads know we still think you lot are good lads. Gonna be spicy this season.

Don't care about the results between us anymore just looking forward to shouting abuse towards McIntyre for 90+ minutes a game.

I say the + minutes not due to added on time but because I'll continue it until I'm huckled or he leaves to go home.

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hope the Cove lads know we still think you lot are good lads. Gonna be spicy this season.

Don't care about the results between us anymore just looking forward to shouting abuse towards McIntyre for 90+ minutes a game.

I say the + minutes not due to added on time but because I'll continue it until I'm huckled or he leaves to go home.

Fair enough! 

Yeah, I echo the sentiments of other Dees. I like Cove, I have a family member that played for Cove many many years ago, I have had a few old friends that played for Cove.

However now that you have hired that complete DAB cock, I will be visiting with Stanley, a brick and a claw hammer.

So please don't take it personally.

Thank you.

21 hours ago, Girth said:

Be careful mate. 

Martin Woods INCOMING. 

It's funny how as soon as Jim McIntyre's name is associated with a vacancy (or in this case, he's appointed to one) everyone's first thought is "where's Martin Woods playing now?". 

4 hours ago, The Master said:

It's funny how as soon as Jim McIntyre's name is associated with a vacancy (or in this case, he's appointed to one) everyone's first thought is "where's Martin Woods playing now?". 

He's out of contract from Halifax Town, so good news Cove!