Cove's next manager..

Cove's next manager  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Not sure, maybe I've just remembered / focussed on his last spell at Dundee. 

As you say did very well at Dunfermline some 10-15 years ago and at County 5+ years ago. 

What's he been doing the last 3 years, anyone know?

Runs his own fitness training business. Done with football apparently.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Because he had exactly the right players to execute it which is kudos to Martindale.

I have no doubts his style of play would work elsewhere but you need to get the recruitment spot on. In your rise from League 1 to the Premiership did you really have any dud signings?

We had plenty:

Liam Watt (gone within 6 months), Thomas Orr (gone within 6 months), Lewis Allan (gone within 6 months), Mark Millar, Josh Peters, Dylan Mackin, Joe Thomson (gone within 6 months(?)), Steven Boyd and Adam Frizzell. All of those over 2 seasons where we got back to back promotions.

Hopkin would do well under a DoF I imagine

22 minutes ago, Girth said:

I’ve not received a response to my application. 

Poor show. Bet you look sharper in a suit than the previous incumbent.

Dundee ever going to get a manager? How many auditions does this gig take? After so long does it go to a public vote?

Both need a manager soon or else we'll be signing the dregs. Ok, maybe not quite, but a day feels like a bloody month during the off season.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

6 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Although that was due to him giving Martindale full charge of all transfers rather than anything on the pitch. By all accounts elsewhere though his recruitment at every other club has been pish.

352 with us was a masterstroke from him he's been unable to replicate elsewhere

I have been an Ayr United supporter since 1999, and consider Hopkin to be one of the worst managers we've had in that time. I think he is actually statistically the worst manager we've had.

His recruitment and tactics were absolutely dire. 

I'll give him some credit though, because he signed Adeloye, and he did f**k off sharpish when it was clear that it was not going to work out.

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Poor show. Bet you look sharper in a suit than the previous incumbent.

Dundee ever going to get a manager? How many auditions does this gig take? After so long does it go to a public vote?

Both need a manager soon or else we'll be signing the dregs. Ok, maybe not quite, but a day feels like a bloody month during the off season.

Sounds like it'll be Gary Bowyer, rumours suggest it'll be tomorrow (well, today technically as of posting) so here's hoping that odyssey is finally over for us.

23 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

P&J reporting that "Candidates with experience of both the Scottish and English Premier League, as well as winning domestic competitions, have come forward."

-

Announce Jim Jeffries!

A rumour surfacing on the Cove Supporters Facebook page is that allegedly Levein, Kettlewell and Barry Robson are all in the frame.

None of the first two made my poll.

Levein has clearly managed at a high level and had success with Hearts and Dundee United before becoming the Scotland manager. Never won a single trophy but you could argue that is very difficult with Celtic and Rangers in the equation. Thought his management days were maybe over but perhaps not.

Kettlewell I would not be inspired by and would rather see Robson get the chance if we are going to give inexperience a try.

Hoping for some more names to be added to the frame.

Several sources saying Kevin Thomson is "lined up" to be the new Cove manager and directly after this rumour the P&J dismissed that and said Cove are going for someone else. Appointment likely to be tomorrow or Thursday.

Screenshot_20220614-170939.jpg

30 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Not the most inspiring choice it must be said. Jim McIntyre it is.

There was many a name I would have preferred. 

1 year rolling contract is interesting too for both parties.

Screenshot_20220615-142616.jpg

Be careful mate. 

Martin Woods INCOMING. 

Jim quoted saying

"The next few days are going to be pretty hectic as I get to know the players and assess what we need for the coming season, but I’m really looking forward to it, and can’t wait to get started!”

Very interested to see / hear his assessment of the squad and where we need strengthened. Even more interested to see the first few signings. What players can he attract to the club and how will his footballing style/philosophy differ to Hartley's.