On 03/06/2022 at 12:19, CoveRangers1922 said:

Yeah I think his Balmoral group are still a prominent sponsor. How much he contributes financially to the club I'm not sure but he's worth a fair bob so suspect quite a lot. Saw him at the Centenary dinner a few weeks back. Obviously was instrumental in the stadium. Think he owns a lot of the surrounding land.

I went to school (public not private!) with his daughter who I see is now director of a charity called Friends of ANCHOR which has input from...Balmoral group

ACE forwarding are our main sponsor this year again after renewing for a further 3 years.

She only got that job by buttering up the other directors.

• 2 weeks later...
One of the main things or, maybe the only thing, Balmoral has going for it is you're standing really close to the pitch and it feels an old school way of watching a game.
As Tattie says it's not placed in a location which makes for an easy few pints and stroll to the ground. Does have an on-site "fans zone" which is a glorified porta kabin that has seating and sells beers. Open to  both home and away fans.
Hopefully over time ground improvements happen and it enhances the fan experience.
A decent size fanzone, with a couple if portacabins and tables outside would make a fortune with nothing else nearby.

Ayr away is a great day. Any train out of Glasgow Central is always good fun

Last time we were on the train down there it was roasting hot, unreal weather and we got back on with a bowling team from Glasgow who had just won a cup, carriage back to Glasgow was great

Think we won 2-1 too

36 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Oh well, better luck next year. Cove away for Raith on the opening day.

Absolute pisser, I'm going to have to have to chat up my Mrs to stay in Fife a bit longer for the Dundee game. 

10 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Last time we were on the train down there it was roasting hot, unreal weather and we got back on with a bowling team from Glasgow who had just won a cup, carriage back to Glasgow was great

Think we won 2-1 too

Last time you beat us in ayr 2-1 was  early 2018 snd before that late 2017 

11 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Think we won 2-1 too

I was hoping for Arbroath away first up, for pretty much the same reason, always great away day. Any away day on the train past Edinburgh is a class one. We always head up early and visit a few of Arbroath's finest pubs. 

55 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Last time you beat us in ayr 2-1 was  early 2018 snd before that late 2017 

27th August 2017 was last time we were down there on the train. Every time since I’ve drove and then obviously 2 seasons where we couldn’t get at all. Mark Whatley side footed one in from 30 yards right down the middle of the goal. Roasting hot day

13 minutes ago, AuAl said:

I was hoping for Arbroath away first up, for pretty much the same reason, always great away day. Any away day on the train past Edinburgh is a class one. We always head up early and visit a few of Arbroath's finest pubs. 

Always feel the trains from central to the south are no rules old school carriages with not many people on them. Aberdeen line to and from Glasgow Queen Street or Edinburgh always very busy and lots of conductors. But trains south of Central and the Fife Circle is jungle rules 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

16 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

Any idea when the first set of BBC picks will be announced?

Can almost guarantee our 2 home games against Dundee, will be moved

I’m obviously biased, but I can see them going for Dundee v Partick for the opening weekend. Newly relegated title favourites (take it up with the bookies, not me) against a side that were in the play-offs last season and will be seen as strong challengers.

What’s the limit on games from each ground? Is it 4?

Just now, The Master said:

I’m obviously biased, but I can see them going for Dundee v Partick for the opening weekend. Newly relegated title favourites (take it up with the bookies, not me) against a side that were in the play-offs last season and will be seen as strong challengers.

Unless it's changed it's 2 home games per team. 

8 minutes ago, The Master said:

Would have been my guess too. Partick are assembling a strong squad and will be challenging strongly for the title imo. Should be a cracking opener.

On 17/06/2022 at 20:18, jagfox said:

Quite picturesque, in fact it is a mini Inverness....

Pitch Perfect Rebel Wilson GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

It gives the impression of having been designed with Highland League football in mind, which is probably was at the time, not for a club with aspirations of the championship. It will be be able to be upgraded but its location is soul destroying and that's not going to change.