9 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

We were up there for, I think, their first league game a couple of years ago. It was 31st July and bluddy Baltic.

If Mitch or Rory don't get you the cold certainly will.

In all seriousness it's freezing up in Cove most of the time. Struggling to think of many days it's been t-shirt weather. A few miles in land and it's normally warmer and free from the haar

2 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

Cove away. Nice summer afternoon in the sunshine…

You paint an idyllic, almost bucolic picture. Unfortunately the reality is a disappointing ground in a terrible location - high up in an industrial estate miles from the city centre. If it’s a nice day then there’s a fair chance that the haar will roll in negating the sunshine. Add in scurries dive bombing your half-time pie… bliss.

Only kidding Cove fans - I’m sure Balmoral is a fine place to watch a game on a nice summer day. Just hope visiting fans don’t expect a pint within an hour of kick-off or full-time.

Edited by Tattie36

2 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

You paint an idyllic, almost bucolic picture. Unfortunately the reality is a rubbish ground in a terrible location - high up in an industrial estate miles from the city centre. If it’s a nice day then there’s a fair chance that the haar will roll in negating the sunshine. Add in scurries dive bombing your half-time pie… bliss.

Only kidding Cove fans - I’m sure Balmoral is a fine place to watch a game on a nice summer day. Just hope visiting fans don’t expect a pint within an hour of kick-off or full-time.

One of the main things or, maybe the only thing, Balmoral has going for it is you're standing really close to the pitch and it feels an old school way of watching a game.

As Tattie says it's not placed in a location which makes for an easy few pints and stroll to the ground. Does have an on-site "fans zone" which is a glorified porta kabin that has seating and sells beers. Open to  both home and away fans.

Hopefully over time ground improvements happen and it enhances the fan experience.

11 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

One of the main things or, maybe the only thing, Balmoral has going for it is you're standing really close to the pitch and it feels an old school way of watching a game.

As Tattie says it's not placed in a location which makes for an easy few pints and stroll to the ground. Does have an on-site "fans zone" which is a glorified porta kabin that has seating and sells beers. Open to  both home and away fans.

Hopefully over time ground improvements happen and it enhances the fan experience.

I wasn’t wanting to sound too critical. As I’ve said on other threads, I don’t think many Cove fans or board members would genuinely have thought that you would be here so soon. Balmoral is obviously a work in progress and I’m sure it’ll improve rapidly. The first thing they should do is build a full length roof opposite the main stand and some kind of terracing behind the goals, very achievable in the short term I think… can’t do anything about the location unfortunately but success will bring club/fan related development to the area. A pity the old social club at Allan Park couldn’t have been replicated.

I’m usually on holiday for the opening game, but this year I don’t go on holiday until the 31st so I should make the opening game. I’ll take a home game. Dundee at Starks.

We play Aberdeen at Pittodrie the Saturday before, so that should prepare us for the Dundee Galacticos under their new mystery manager.

D135346A-E57C-41E8-A8CD-6EAF0106ACD2.jpeg

Edited by Scary Bear

13 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You mean Queens Park away?

Cause that’s the only one that description could apply to

Changed my mind but in honesty I was thinking Morton. Which is unfair, as there are worse calls like Cove or Inverness.

Where will Queens Park be playing this year?

Edited by Scary Bear

26 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Changed my mind but in honesty I was thinking Morton. Which is unfair, as there are worse calls like Cove or Inverness.

Where will Queens Park be playing this year?

Stenhousemuir

Inverness - actually being at the stadium is terrible it’s horrendous but it’s a nice city and good train day

Cove - train day too and taxi to ground from city centre pubs, ground doesn’t look great but at least close to the park

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You mean Queens Park away?

Cause that’s the only one that description could apply to

As much of a pain in the arse as it is for us as home fans, I think Stenny is a decent away day. It's relatively easy to get to, you'll be in a proper terrace, and there are some good pubs plus the social club at the ground.

14 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

As much of a pain in the arse as it is for us as home fans, I think Stenny is a decent away day. It's relatively easy to get to, you'll be in a proper terrace, and there are some good pubs plus the social club at the ground.

To be fair I have only ever drove or went on the bus. Never really had a proper away day. Meant more for the Friday night thing (if that actually happens)

Stenhousemuir

Inverness - actually being at the stadium is terrible it’s horrendous but it’s a nice city and good train day

Cove - train day too and taxi to ground from city centre pubs, ground doesn’t look great but at least close to the park

I’m slagging them off, but I’ll likely start doing a couple of away games a season again and the only grounds in our league that I haven’t been to are Arbroath (scandalous that I haven’t been), Inverness (too far away) and Cove (have it in my mind that it’s basically Altens Industrial Estate).

As it goes, Cove’s stadium is on the other side of the road from the industrial estate and backs onto Kincorth Hill. I used to run about that hill when I stayed in Kincorth.

C1EE0876-134F-4BFB-9D9C-641D91577F06.png

Edited by Scary Bear

6 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I’m slagging them off, but I’ll likely start doing a couple of away games a season again and the only grounds in our league that I haven’t been to are Arbroath (scandalous that I haven’t been), Inverness (too far away) and Cove (have it in my mind that it’s basically Altens Industrial Estate).

As it goes, Cove’s stadium is on the other side of the road from the industrial estate and backs onto Kincorth Hill. I used to run about that hill when I stayed in Kincorth.

C1EE0876-134F-4BFB-9D9C-641D91577F06.png

this game last season one of my favourites just for the fence action after the goals 

Cove ground be about 10 minutes in taxi from centre? 

I don’t want Cove first game - handy for me as I live in Aberdeen but would rather not have them on their flag day. Also, a taxi’s not a bad option from the city centre if there’s more than 2 of you to share the cost, as Aberdeen taxis are ludicrously expensive. You’d be better buying a bus day-ticket (£4.50 I think) for unlimited travel - buses on Guild Street, outside Union Sq/train station will get you there in around 30 minutes.

Taxi will definitely take more than 10 minutes as the Guild Street/Market Street area can get very congested on Saturday afternoons. I would give it at least 20.

A nice home game for me first please - against anyone really apart form Cove (obviously) or Dundee.

Edited by Tattie36

7 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

I don’t want Cove first game - handy for me as I live in Aberdeen but would rather not have them on their flag day. Also, a taxi’s not a bad option from the city centre if there’s more than 2 of you to share the cost, as Aberdeen taxis are ludicrously expensive. You’d be better buying a bus day-ticket (£4.50 I think) for unlimited travel - buses on Guild Street, outside Union Sq/train station will get you there in around 30 minutes.

Taxi will definitely take more than 10 minutes as the Guild Street/Market Street area can get very congested on Saturday afternoons. I would give it at least 20.

A nice home game for me first please - against anyone really apart form Cove (obviously) or Dundee.

Taxi be fine. Be big squad. Getting one to Brechin in 3 weeks time for pre season

Also Cove on flag day in July surely better and more exciting than Cove on literally any other day of the season 😂

28 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

this game last season one of my favourites just for the fence action after the goals 

Cove ground be about 10 minutes in taxi from centre? 

Aye, it’s not a long taxi ride, but it is a taxi or bus to get out there. It’s right on the edge of Aberdeen.