Neutrals going to the sjfa final

The Hard way??? [emoji848]
Yeah the hard way it wasn't has a easy game has people thought yoker did very well and took the game to talbot don't get me wrong I was worried but talbot did what talbot do and that is score when they needed to do so that's how we do things the hard way

17 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

The thing is nobody in Auchinleck will be giving a flying f**k what other peoples thoughts are about the Junior cup. It was a great day for families and weans. We were told the the SCS was the big trophy now so what do we do?  we win it. The league, well let other teams spunk a fortune on trying to win their way into a Legoland league, if we can progress into it and can do it within our financial means then so be it, but next season we are going to see much more money getting flung about, and if you fall into that trap then you are doomed.

'The thing is Nobody in auchinleck will be giving a flying f*ck  what other people's thoughts are about the junior cup '

But ,yourself and others feel the need to reply regarding it. 

15 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

To expand on Blackies point, absolutely agree progressing within your means is key here, we’ve seen teams like Gretna essentially come up from the same level we are all at now and implode in a spectacular fashion, seen Rangers die too due to mis-management. Theres a clear lesson, football teams dont make people money in Scotland, you’ve got to cut your cloth accordingly, no point destroying your clubs future for a season in the sun. 
Fair play to Talbot for their turn out yesterday, that was impressive. Also fair play to them for caring about the junior cup and all the rest. I do feel really strongly that the use of saturday’s for junior cup matches isnt fair on the clubs who aren’t in it and ultimately may be impacted by fixture congestion, it should be midweek or something next year or played when Scottish Cup ties are being played. I am absolutely baffled by the wosl providing the coverage on twitter they did yesterday for another associations cup (albeit yes there were Wosl teams in the final) when their own league cup semi was going on a few miles down the road and didnt even get a mention? I dont get that, if they don’t care about the KP cup then just bin it next year surely, especially if you’ve got teams taking a dive to get out of playing it?

That was a mistake by the WoSFL, we had people there at Blair Park and wrongly assumed they'd be doing the coverage for us. There was a lack of communication and we should never assume something will happen. We need to make sure it is. A lesson has been learned and hopefully it won't happen again.

As for the other point, yes, the Scottish Junior Cup is another association's competition, just like the South Region Challenge Cup and the SFA Scottish Cup where we always try to provide coverage where the WoSFL teams are involved. 

7 minutes ago, Kennie said:

That was a mistake by the WoSFL, we had people there at Blair Park and wrongly assumed they'd be doing the coverage for us. There was a lack of communication and we should never assume something will happen. We need to make sure it is. A lesson has been learned and hopefully it won't happen again.

As for the other point, yes, the Scottish Junior Cup is another association's competition, just like the South Region Challenge Cup and the SFA Scottish Cup where we always try to provide coverage where the WoSFL teams are involved. 

Absolutely fair play to you for being transparent about how it happened.

Kennie, the wosl though is a senior league, part of the SFA structure, so I dont agree that the SCC and SFA cup are in the same category, but ultimately its not a massive deal. Surely we have to recognise that a voluntary cup which has a knock on effect for league and association cup fixtures through postponements or replays should not be given saturday fixtures before our own competitions are sorted? Or are you confident with a smaller premierleague that SJFA cup games can be scheduled without disadvantage to non participating clubs or fixture issues next year? That clarity and assurance would be appreciated?

7 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Absolutely fair play to you for being transparent about how it happened.

Kennie, the wosl though is a senior league, part of the SFA structure, so I dont agree that the SCC and SFA cup are in the same category, but ultimately its not a massive deal. Surely we have to recognise that a voluntary cup which has a knock on effect for league and association cup fixtures through postponements or replays should not be given saturday fixtures before our own competitions are sorted? Or are you confident with a smaller premierleague that SJFA cup games can be scheduled without disadvantage to non participating clubs or fixture issues next year? That clarity and assurance would be appreciated?

Not sure how you think it is a 'voluntary' cup. There's provisions for it in the WoSFL Constitution.

I'm also not sure what clubs were inconvenienced this season due to the Junior Cup, I thought there was more problems from the others that we are involved in and not forgetting that there was a deadline to be met for the Lower Pyramid Play-offs. The weather, replays and abandoned fixtures caused more problems than anything the Junior Cup flung at us. 

Moving onto next season, it will be easier to get a more structured grid to try to abide by.

Anything involving member clubs is relevant to member clubs and supporters. I get why a few are raging but the junior cup is still clearly a big deal to a lot of folk and obviously pretending it isn’t, isn’t working out so whatever this is, appears the alternative. 

Having been to both cups, the south and junior are in completely different levels. The junior cup is like festival, a big event, has been for over a hundred years. In my own opinion, they should just sit down with each other and thrash something out to work together on one cup. One side has for example a great established cup and the other has more member clubs. Plus many other positives on each side.

Could potentially have the best non league cup comp in Europe. 

Edited by Killiepiyo

6 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Anything involving member clubs is relevant to member clubs and supporters. I get why a few are raging but the junior cup is still clearly a big deal to a lot of folk and obviously pretending it isn’t, isn’t working out so whatever this is, appears the alternative. 

Having been to both cups, the south and junior are in completely different levels. The junior cup is like festival, a big event, has been for over a hundred years. In my own opinion, they should just sit down with each other and thrash something out to work together on one cup. One side has for example a great established cup and the other has more member clubs. Plus many other positives on each side.

Talks are taking place, but there are obstacles in several places which need overcome.

I can only imagine m8, to be a fly on the wall at that lol. However, fans are speaking and whatever differences got to be a middle ground somewhere, in my view. Even talking to a guy from production company after the game, they only had the digital stats but were genuinely gobsmacked at the potential audience numbers TV wise. I can’t be the only one to see what the potential is in everyone working together, so personally hoping for a good outcome 🙌

1 hour ago, Kennie said:

Not sure how you think it is a 'voluntary' cup. There's provisions for it in the WoSFL Constitution.

I'm also not sure what clubs were inconvenienced this season due to the Junior Cup, I thought there was more problems from the others that we are involved in and not forgetting that there was a deadline to be met for the Lower Pyramid Play-offs. The weather, replays and abandoned fixtures caused more problems than anything the Junior Cup flung at us. 

Moving onto next season, it will be easier to get a more structured grid to try to abide by.

Kilwinning Rangers have been hindered by the junior cup as it was played before our own association's cup we have only played a few games in the last few months while waiting for a final that should have been played weeks ago .

1 hour ago, Killiepiyo said:

Really? Any evidence even to suggest that?

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:
1 hour ago, Kennie said:

Well members of the wosl can opt out so its voluntary is it not? 

They can also opt-in, as any tier 6+ club can choose to pay their entry fee and participate in the competition.

But like Kennie says it shouldn't be as much of an issue with fewer league games next season. The EOS/most LL clubs have the East of Scotland Qualifying Cup, which fits in where it can and means they have the same number of cups as the west. Of course the SJFA would rather not be diminishing their competition by clashing with the Scottish Cup or SCC, or playing games midweek...

32 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

Keep the SJC trophy but change the name to the Scottish Challenge Cup or something, scrap the south challenge cup and allow all non league teams to play in the new one.

There's nothing stopping tier 6+ clubs playing in the Junior Cup as it stands. 

38 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

They can also opt-in, as any tier 6+ club can choose to pay their entry fee and participate in the competition.

But like Kennie says it shouldn't be as much of an issue with fewer league games next season. The EOS/most LL clubs have the East of Scotland Qualifying Cup, which fits in where it can and means they have the same number of cups as the west. Of course the SJFA would rather not be diminishing their competition by clashing with the Scottish Cup or SCC, or playing games midweek...

There's nothing stopping tier 6+ clubs playing in the Junior Cup as it stands. 

The other competitions are mandatory,the Junior cup is voluntary.

3 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

'The thing is Nobody in auchinleck will be giving a flying f*ck  what other people's thoughts are about the junior cup '

But ,yourself and others feel the need to reply regarding it. 

Of course I do because we won it, we celebrated it and as I said other peoples thoughts were not given a jot.

Do you feel it was devalued a bit this year?

28 minutes ago, energyzone said:
4 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

Do you feel it was devalued a bit this year?

With some of the big East teams missing it is always going to be devalued, but on the day itself it was one for the kids as well as us old codgers who are there every week. We are going to lose this magnificent old trophy in the near future, but there can't be a person reading this who doesn't have a special memory in the SJC. 

3 hours ago, wow-wee said:

Kilwinning Rangers have been hindered by the junior cup as it was played before our own association's cup we have only played a few games in the last few months while waiting for a final that should have been played weeks ago .

The Kilmarnock Pie Cup could not be competed for any sooner than it was due to the teams involved in it also being involved in the Premier division title race.

Darvel, for instance had a backlog of league fixtures that needed cleared before the 14th May. The Junior Cup had no impact on any Kilmarnock Pie Cup games.

But', I'm sure you won't let that stop you blaming the juniors.