The McTominay Conundrum

ArabFC

17 hours ago, Captain_Sensible said:

The real conundrum is why folk don’t rate this guy 

Folk (Scotland fans) do rate him.

The problem was he was never a centre-back. Clarke seems to have finally agreed with the rest of us on that now.

On 01/06/2022 at 23:42, ArabFC said:

I’ve been red-dotted more for this opinion than anything else ever on PnB and I’ve often said Mark McNulty has some skills.

But can we all please finally agree that Scott McTominay is not a fucking centre back? 🙏 

Play him in midfield or don’t play him at all.

Until Clarke gets past shit like this and pairing Dykes with a flick-on partner, we’ll never progress.

Centre Forward.

/thread. 

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

Centre Forward.

/thread. 

It’s what’s been said by many reasonable people who knew him as a youth player for a long time, that while not a centre forward, his best role was always getting forward from midfield.

That was kind of obscured by the fact he got deployed as a holding midfielder at his club because he’s not a Man Utd calibre attacking mid.

And being played at the back by us *shudder*

Bit of a shame that it took till the age of 27 till we started utilising him properly but he’s found his role now.

3 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

It’s what’s been said by many reasonable people who knew him as a youth player for a long time, that while not a centre forward, his best role was always getting forward from midfield.

That was kind of obscured by the fact he got deployed as a holding midfielder at his club because he’s not a Man Utd calibre attacking mid.

Bit of a shame that it took till the age of 27 till we started utilising him properly but he’s found his role now.

Totes agree, but he's still 26

22 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

I think alot of that has to do with his size and physique (which is a burden I've also had to bear🤣). People look at him and think because he's strong and can tackle he must be a defensive minded player.

Yeah no conundrum at all. I think him and McGinn are our two best players and they should be first name on the team sheet every game we play. He's an absolute diamond of a player, quick, strong and superb on the ball. 

25 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

McTominay was excellent, but you can still be mad at his crazy yellow card at the end.

Wild, needless stuff that I hope doesn't cost us in the future. 

I don't think disciplinary is as strict as it was in World Cup qualifying. 3 bookings to miss the next match and no carry through to the playoffs etc.

image.thumb.png.8ec7b3e277efc926a1bf635cdb664a54.png

https://documents.uefa.com/r/Regulations-of-the-UEFA-European-Football-Championship-2022-24/Article-54-Yellow-and-red-cards-Online

We are doing well to spread them around the team so far.

image.png.3ac6d07574c852e3e361a8888f909ca8.png

Edited by 2426255

• 2 weeks later...