The McTominay Conundrum

ArabFC

• 1 month later...

Man U Twitter is hounding him, again, tonight. It genuinely annoys me how much they do it, simply because hes not spraying 30 yard passes about the place constantly.

Worst bit is half them then demand they spend £100m+ on Declan Rice, whos virtually the exact same player.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Man U Twitter is hounding him, again, tonight. It genuinely annoys me how much they do it, simply because hes not spraying 30 yard passes about the place constantly.

Worst bit is half them then demand they spend £100m+ on Declan Rice, whos virtually the exact same player.

It is incredibly boring, and you will tend to always get the same Twitter “analysts”constantly talking about it. One of whom is a self appointed Scotland Twitter analyst - I remember McTominay being fantastic in the recent Ukraine game at Hampden and he was slaughtering him. 

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

It is incredibly boring, and you will tend to always get the same Twitter “analysts”constantly talking about it. One of whom is a self appointed Scotland Twitter analyst - I remember McTominay being fantastic in the recent Ukraine game at Hampden and he was slaughtering him. 

I dont know the guy your talking about, but I just read a few of the player ratings reviews. And it doesn't sound like he impressed any of them either unfortunately. But I never watched the game myself.

Edited by BingMcCrosby

Yeah I guess it comes down to whose opinions matter more, random guys on twitter or Mourinho / Solskjaer / Ragnick / Ten Haag all of whom have treated McTomiany as an important part of the first team.

Clearly the fans must have access to data or coaching instructions that the managers do not.

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Probably none of them could find Old Trafford on a map or give the name of a Man Utd player from the early 2000s.

On 12/01/2023 at 20:34, Meeniedee said:

McTomiany is Man Us new darren fletcher....their fans used to hate him but i think ferguson played him in all their big games as he knew what he brought to the team

This is revisionist.  Fletcher wasn’t particularly rated by Scotland fans, but he was pretty popular for the most part at Man Utd. 

Just now, Savage Henry said:

This is revisionist.  Fletcher wasn’t particularly rated by Scotland fans, but he was pretty popular for the most part at Man Utd. 

From what I remember and from man u fans I knew at the time, id say Fletcher wasnt a particularly popular player. Despite in my opinion being excellent. For a period he was one of the best defensive midfielders around.

Unfortunately I dont think McTominay is even close to the player that Fletcher was.

Can't speak for the Utd fans but definitely remember Scotland fans complaining a lot. Folk kind of expected him to "do more" offensively for some reason because he played at Manchester United despite that not being his role in the slightest.