The McTominay Conundrum

ArabFC

Just now, Antiochas III said:

It's was not hindsight.  It was obvious to many than Hickey wasn't a Right sided defender good enough at the defending part to cover for the RCB frailities.  Absolute mental that people thought he was a better choice than SOD, what was worse Clarke thought it too.  

You should contact bologna to let the know their "absolutely mental", as they play him there a fair bit.

Hickey is getting a fair bit of stick, I felt he was isolated and hung out to dry. He improved as the game went on. O'Donnell would have made us even worse.

4 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

You should contact bologna to let the know their "absolutely mental", as they play him there a fair bit.

Hickey is getting a fair bit of stick, I felt he was isolated and hung out to dry. He improved as the game went on. O'Donnell would have made us even worse.

Bologna came 13th in a league with 6-7 decent teams then a HUGE drop off.

7 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

The RCB at Bologna is a defender and picks up the slack. He was  isolated because he was so far out of position most of the game.

You might want to watch some Bologna football before you make an even bigger fool of yourself.  

Edited by Antiochas III

Just now, Donathan said:

Bologna came 13th in a league with 6-7 decent teams then a HUGE drop off.

Its a fair higher level than O'Donnell plays at tbf

The RCB at Bologna is a defender and picks up the slack. He was  isolated because he was so far out of position most of the game.

You might want to watch some Bologna football before you make an even bigger fool of yourself.  

So I imagine you think Bologna will be bidding for O'Donnell in the summer?

Just now, BingMcCrosby said:

Pathetic playground patter

if you can't justify your position just say so.

What has Club level got to do with it?  Club and Country are almost two completely different games.  

Go on tell me how many games do you class as "a fair bit"?.  And everytime his defensive partner has been a Centre Back, who has covered for him.  

24 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Please, stop talking.  You're making a fool of yourself.  

Bing is a master of making a fool of himself. 

On 09/11/2021 at 09:18, BingMcCrosby said:

Interesting you have used the exact same link and sentence 🤔

Did you forget you had changed accounts?

On 09/11/2021 at 09:24, BingMcCrosby said:

So your the same poster i didn't see that coming but makes sense.

On 09/11/2021 at 09:25, BingMcCrosby said:

So just randomly you both quoted the same article and used the exact same sentence underneath?

Is that what your saying?

On 09/11/2021 at 09:30, BingMcCrosby said:

Ha ha, busted

On 09/11/2021 at 09:33, BingMcCrosby said:

Is either account able to offer an explanation for this remarkable coincidence? Or just deflection?

On 09/11/2021 at 09:36, BingMcCrosby said:

Ill take you off ignore for now.

Above you can see how the quote system is displayed.

What you did was forget you had switched accounts and wrote the same thing twice clearly.

On 09/11/2021 at 09:41, BingMcCrosby said:

So you believe they posted the same link and sentence underneath coincidentally?

On 09/11/2021 at 09:42, BingMcCrosby said:

Does an iP check cover use of a vpn? I understand accies1874 or number guy has plenty of mates on here. But its clear as day whats happened.

On 09/11/2021 at 09:47, BingMcCrosby said:

Thats not going to work, your caught out.

On 09/11/2021 at 09:54, BingMcCrosby said:

Again I understand that accies1874 has been posting a long time and will have support.

But thats not a reasonable explanation of them both posting the same link and sentence within minutes of each other.

On 09/11/2021 at 09:57, BingMcCrosby said:

If your using a vpn when switching then the ip address will be different. The facts are there, there's no explanation for both posting the same link and sentence within minutes. Other than your the same poster and got mixed up.

On 09/11/2021 at 10:01, BingMcCrosby said:

I've not heard any reasonable explanation, the answer is obvious.

On 09/11/2021 at 10:04, BingMcCrosby said:

For anyone looking at this now, the deflection is ongoing. Bottom of page 11 is the double post your looking for.

On 09/11/2021 at 10:23, BingMcCrosby said:

It is indeed, why he's got 2 accounts i cant answer that. 

image.png.254fc0575a0eb9963cc3b6f5764767b4.png

What has Club level got to do with it?  Club and Country are almost two completely different games.  

Go on tell me how many games do you class as "a fair bit"?.  And everytime his defensive partner has been a Centre Back, who has covered for him.  

What has club level got to do with selecting players for international football.

Well, its the only barometer we and the management have (apart from international form) to judge player ability and form. So yeah its pretty important, I would have thought that would be obvious.

Without checking its around 6 times he has played there.

The fact the right sided Centre back for bologna and not a midfielder covering there actually strengthens my argument that he did ok under the circumstances. So im not sure where your going with this.

Again, if O'Donnell is a better player do you think bologna will be looking to buy him in the summer?

Looks like hickey is leaving, they could pick him up for a couple of hundred thousand if that.

Not sure anyone has stated SOD is a better player than Hickey - but please, quote me where I said he was. Saying that Hickey is not a RB, and playing there 6 times in almost 50 appearances doesn't change that fact, and certainly not for Scotland where there is more pressure due to the extra workload.  

But do, please carry on...

2 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Your consistency wrong.

You come on here (Scotland thread) posting that Russian troops at the border was nothing but sabre rattling and there was no way they were going in.

It was at this exact point I knew the war was going to start.

😂

Not sure anyone has stated SOD is a better player than Hickey - but please, quote me where I said he was. Saying that Hickey is not a RB, and playing there 6 times in almost 50 appearances doesn't change that fact, and certainly not for Scotland where there is more pressure due to the extra workload.  

But do, please carry on...

The position were discussing is right wingback.

Edited by BingMcCrosby

17 hours ago, G51 said:

He's completely incapable of holding his position. If you're re-watching the game, you'll notice the amount of times the ball was played into a Ukrainian forward, he pushed out to meet it, but by the time he got there the ball was played for a one-two in behind the space he had just vacated.

For it to happen once is fair enough. For it to happen every time the ball came into your area is something else entirely.

I'm not trying to insult your intelligence but I wanted to make sure you're aware that Scotland's back three are designed to allow any one of our three centre-backs licence to push out and meet a threat because the other two centre backs will look to drop off and cover the space behind.

The reason I asked is because if you aren't aware of that then I can understand why Scott McTominay would look a little maverick, incapable of holding his position and prone to charging out of defence.

I have posted a video where you can see all three of the centre backs exhibiting similar behaviour positionally. I expect you already know this and I'm missing the point. 😁

Edited by 2426255

6 hours ago, 2426255 said:

I'm not trying to insult your intelligence but I wanted to make sure you're aware that Scotland's back three are designed to allow any one of our three centre-backs licence to push out and meet a threat because the other two centre backs will look to drop off and cover the space behind.

The reason I asked is because if you aren't aware of that then I can understand why Scott McTominay would look a little maverick, incapable of holding his position and prone to charging out of defence.

I have posted a video where you can see all three of the centre backs exhibiting similar behaviour positionally. I expect you already know this and I'm missing the point. 😁

As much as this pains me he's actually correct with this. It's part and parcel of the defensive set up that Clarke has put in. 

One defender pushes out whilst the other two drop back and one of the midfielders drops to offer an option. Absolutely nothing wrong with it but Ukraine showed the way to counter it by playing in between the space of the mid and defence. You need pretty rapid technically gifted players to counter it though so it will persist in most of our matches. 

Needs a plan b though where two midfielders can drop back on and play the ball out wider to get past the opposition. 

On 02/06/2022 at 08:31, G51 said:

He’s our fourth choice centre midfield. Has some great traits, but his overall game is very limited. Which is fine, because what he can do he does fairly well.

He’s never a centre back and he never will be. He should never be an option for CB while we have competent defenders in the squad. I was shocked Clarke picked him for this game to be honest. One of many baffling decisions he made last night.

He's literally our best central midfielder. Like literally number one.

There's a reason he plays for Man United and all of the rest of our players don't but would love to.

Now on his seventh manager at Man United and precisely none of them have tried to move him on. But maybe they're all wrong and some walloper on pandb is right.

He's a quality player we should be delighted to have and an absolute top lad who has shown exemplary commitment to Scotland right from day one. Gets a disgracefully hard time from some wallopers in the Scotland support that he doesn't deserve in the slightest.