Scotland v Armenia

It’s a cracking ball from Armstrong, but he’s been our weakest link so far aside, IMO. Not sure what it is that changes when he has a Scotland top on from his club form, but always disappoints me.

This is a "I'm taking my chance" performance Ralston is putting in.

I can remember him being on loan at DU in the heady days of Falkirk sharing a league with them and like most, thought he was shite. I think, there might just be an element of folk seeing him there and at St Johnstone and refusing to accept that he may have improved.

Either way, it's not that long ago RB was a position of obvious weakness for Scotland. It seems maybe like we can begin to focus elsewhere

1 minute ago, J_Stewart said:

It’s a cracking ball from Armstrong, but he’s been our weakest link so far aside, IMO. Not sure what it is that changes when he has a Scotland top on from his club form, but always disappoints me.

I think he overthinks it and is trying too hard, for whatever reason. It’s a shame because there was a period when he was our best player.

1 minute ago, J_Stewart said:

Used to be OK when he played for us.

Armstrong is wasteful but he takes chances. He gets the ball and drives forward with it whenever he can. It often doesn't work for him but we have enough players who are happy to take a touch, pass it sideways, and slow things down. I'm happy to have someone who tries something different.

In the right kind of game he can be very useful and has done far more than Christie so far tonight.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This is a "I'm taking my chance" performance Ralston is putting in.

I can remember him being on loan at DU in the heady days of Falkirk sharing a league with them and like most, thought he was shite. I think, there might just be an element of folk seeing him there and at St Johnstone and refusing to accept that he may have improved.

Either way, it's not that long ago RB was a position of obvious weakness for Scotland. It seems maybe like we can begin to focus elsewhere

His confidence will be high after playing regularly all season.

This has been like watching us against San Marino or something. Camped outside their box trying to break down the full team, and getting it back immediately almost every time we lose it.

Obviously, I think Armenia are better than San Marino but still. How the f**k did this mob beat Ireland? 

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

This has been like watching us against San Marino or something. Camped outside their box trying to break down the full team, and getting it back immediately almost every time we lose it.

Obviously, I think Armenia are better than San Marino but still. How the f**k did this mob beat Ireland? 

40 degrees heat basically