Scotland v Armenia

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I've always found getting bothered about shite teams scoring a goal against you to be a bit weird. I remember folk going on about how embarrassing it was that Gibraltar had scored against us at Hampden, even though we battered them 6-1. Bad teams can still score goals without too much hassle.

You're failing to recognise one of the funniest moments in international football - San Marino scoring against England after about 13 seconds in 1993. A goal that also denied them a place in the 1994 World Cup, even if other results had gone their way.

4 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

That's quite a strange team and I'm not quite sure how some things will pan out. Interested to see. a33489885661b48418c67a01ce7e8b8f.jpg

Patterson and Gilmour the only obvious positions where we’re stronger on the bench. Three ball-playing defenders will be interesting to see.

I’m thoroughly unconvinced with Ralston, so an opportunity for me to be corrected on that front.

1 hour ago, velo army said:

Home and Away by Karl Ove Knausgaard. It's a book of letters between him and his Swedish pal written during the 2014 world cup. So it's at least a little appropriate for the company. 

There's a Ghanaian lad and one from Slovakia too. High level of diversity here.

Only seen one glengarry too.

Genuinely excited for this game now.

Neighbours was better. 

Prefer McGinn to be further forward when he plays.

Still, Christie and Armstrong are attacking players too, so a pretty attacking line up here. Hopefully a statement of intent in that we will indeed go right at them from the start.

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I actually found them scoring against us quite amusing. It was a very attacking lineup IIRC, I don't think Strachan was too bothered about defending in that game.

Did he not make a change after they scored ?

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Ikechi Anya was interviewed after the game and was asked about the goal that was conceded. He sounded gutted to be asked about that.

What happened to him BTW? He seems to have disappeared.

He scored at least one classic for us

11 minutes ago, G51 said:

Wonder which one of the CB’s plays centrally. McKenna best suited to it but also the only one with a left foot.

About 99% sure it’s Hendry in the middle, he played there against Israel and McKenna has been playing on the left of a 3 all season.

Ralston will never be first choice but he absolutely deserves his place and to be in amongst it. Understand many on here will refuse to believe he isn't absolutely terrible - and he may just be very well suited to Celtic's specific system and the players around him - but taking Patterson* out of the equation he's been quite clearly the best of the rest this season.

*The argument as to whether Patterson would/should play without game time at club level is another issue, but i'm happy to consider him our nailed on RB for the foreseeable.