Scotland v Armenia

I see Kazakhstan just beat Slovakia on their own patch yesterday.
That'll be me still clutching at straws for something, anything to make that abject performance seem less nightmarish. I've seen people claim that the Czechia and Ukraine games were the worst Scotland performances they'd ever seen, by Christ  :shutup

For games at Hampden, that Ukraine performance is certainly up there. It was absolutely abysmal. And that’s us with a decent team as well. I think we were well beat before a ball was kicked with all the political chat getting to the players heads. Some looked like they were already on their holidays as well.

As for this game, we won’t see a deviation on the defensive side of things, tactics wise. We have a system and a pool of players to call upon which utilises wing-backs with 3 centre halves. I’d suspect we will play with one striker and either Christie to play off him (whether it be Adams or Stewart) or have two attack-minded midfielders, like McGinn and Armstrong.

I’m expecting this to be a much tougher test than Ireland in all honesty, so wouldn’t be tempted to change too much and would hopefully see Clarke play our strongest team.

Going to just head down for it as I managed to get a seat on the NETA bus. 
I'm just hopeful that the boy who was next to me at the Ukraine game didn't buy the 4 game deal. He had a fucking bugle (no euphemism, a literal, actual wee trumpet) and would blow it in lieu of any shouted or clapped encouragement. He seemed like a decent sort, but the blowing of a trumpet when there's people right next to you who are 1. not doing that and 2. not wearing ear protectors is the very worst of behaviour.
Anyway, a tired 1-0 to us, with Robbo falling asleep against the front post every time we defend a corner.
See you on the bus. I'll be the one wearing a Scotland top.

5 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
5 hours ago, velo army said:
Going to just head down for it as I managed to get a seat on the NETA bus. 
I'm just hopeful that the boy who was next to me at the Ukraine game didn't buy the 4 game deal. He had a fucking bugle (no euphemism, a literal, actual wee trumpet) and would blow it in lieu of any shouted or clapped encouragement. He seemed like a decent sort, but the blowing of a trumpet when there's people right next to you who are 1. not doing that and 2. not wearing ear protectors is the very worst of behaviour.
Anyway, a tired 1-0 to us, with Robbo falling asleep against the front post every time we defend a corner.

See you on the bus. I'll be the one wearing a Scotland top.

Teckle. I'll sit beside you then.

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I really really hope we are not underestimating Armenia, otherwise this could be Kazakstan 2.0. 

Clarke has a very good record against teams we should be beating which in my opinion is a major driver behind our upturn in form. The only times we’ve dropped points to lower seeded sides under him were Israel x3 and away in Slovakia (Neither of whom are significantly worse than us, three of the four games were away from home and for two of them our entire squad was hungover)

Have we all now accepted that Israel aren't significantly worse than us?

Ruel St meet-ups were proposed about this subject a few years ago!

The UEFA Nations League continues with Scotland v Armenia on Premiers Sports.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland v Armenia 🇦🇲
⏰ Tonight from 7:00 pm
📺 Premier Sports 1

Premier Sky Sports. This was taken off the Premier Sports Facebook page about five minutes ago.

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Israel are shite. 

Could Dunfermline take them?

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Willie Miller gets some abuse for saying exactly that.

I can't imagine Willie Miller knowing what Wikipedia is TBH.

12 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Have we all now accepted that Israel aren't significantly worse than us?

Ruel St meet-ups were proposed about this subject a few years ago!

Across seven games in the last five years, we’ve won twice, they’ve won twice, two games were drawn and the other was 0-0 after 120 minutes and we won on penalties.

Anyone who thinks we are significantly better than them is talking out their arse. 

We made Israel look like Spain (2008-2010) any time we played them. Robertson made the guy Dasa look like a prime Cafu ffs.

They are fucking mince. We made them look good because we let their two flair players cause havock and shat it anytime they had the ball, which inevitably allowed plenty chances for Zahavi/Dabbur to score.

1 minute ago, DAFC. said:

We made Israel look like Spain (2008-2010) any time we played them. Robertson made the guy Dasa look like a prime Cafu ffs.

They are fucking mince. We made them look good because we let their two flair players cause havock and shat it anytime they had the ball, which inevitably allowed plenty chances for Zahavi and Solomon to score.

What a pile of absolute nonsense. No team in world football is laying a glove on that Spain team. Israel is a team that we beat as often as they beat us. 

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

Across seven games in the last five years, we’ve won twice, they’ve won twice, two games were drawn and the other was 0-0 after 120 minutes and we won on penalties.

Anyone who thinks we are significantly better than them is talking out their arse. 

Given we’ve played them in three games where it actually matters and won 3-2 twice, and once on penalties, we do edge it.

Keeping the academic point going, ability isn’t measured only versus each other. We have out-performed them in each and every group, and finished higher when in different groups. In what possibly comparison would we not be better? 

55 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Given we’ve played them in three games where it actually matters and won 3-2 twice, and once on penalties, we do edge it.

Keeping the academic point going, ability isn’t measured only versus each other. We have out-performed them in each and every group, and finished higher when in different groups. In what possibly comparison would we not be better? 

The away game in November 2020 mattered. If we’d won that we’d be in league A right now, guaranteed at least pot 2 for the euro qualifiers.