Scotland v Armenia

2 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Dykes out for all three, confirmed. Patterson back is a massive plus however.

I’d be much more positive with Patterson starting, given the balance it gives the team and his attacking threat. The risk of playing Stewart would be reduced as well, as the danger of being isolated is reduced. 

I expect we’ll be playing 3atb, but I do have an outside hope that we try 4 again to provide more impetus.

Otherwise, I wouldn’t be surprised to see McKenna and Souttar starting, with McTominay replacing Gilmour if he’s still struggling, and Christie on from the beginning. Don’t see Stewart and Taylor starting, if there’s more changes elsewhere.

Edited by HuttonDressedAsLahm

Marshall

Souttar Hendry McKenna

Patterson                    McTominay               Robertson

McGinn Armstrong Christie

Adams

As much as I'd like to see Patterson start and do his thing, could it be a bit too soon? Starting a competitive game after a fortnight of training is a bit of a risk, even for a key player.

5 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

As much as I'd like to see Patterson start and do his thing, could it be a bit too soon? Starting a competitive game after a fortnight of training is a bit of a risk, even for a key player.

Also my first thought, is he even in condition to play? I'd rather play O Donnell and have someone fully fit 

Here's a question; sorry if it's been answered elsewhere.

How the f**k does the seeding process work for the Euro 2024 qualifying groups? I really don't think I'm reading it right.

49 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

I expect we’ll be playing 3atb, but I do have an outside hope that we try 4 again to provide more impetus.

I don't think the shape is important, unless we don't get a good result or performance - then it will be the most important talking point. We have played a back three and looked good and we have played a back three and looked rubbish.

Here's a question; sorry if it's been answered elsewhere.
How the f**k does the seeding process work for the Euro 2024 qualifying groups? I really don't think I'm reading it right.

The seeding is based entirely on Nations League ranking, so to be in Pot 2 we have to win our group or be the best runners-up (presumably excluding results against the bottom side now that Russia have been binned from their group).

14 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The seeding is based entirely on Nations League ranking, so to be in Pot 2 we have to win our group or be the best runners-up (presumably excluding results against the bottom side now that Russia have been binned from their group).

That's what I thought, but it's making my brain hurt!

I don't think Wiki has explained it terribly well.

Would probably go something like this for the game:

Gordon

Hendry Souttar Cooper

Patterson                            Robertson

Gilmour

McGregor  McGinn Christie

Adams

Edited by DA Baracus

Just now, craigkillie said:

That's their system for ranking the teams from their qualifying performance so that they can come up with the seeding for the actual Euros.

That makes more sense. Now, I just need to find the page for how the Nations League places affect the seeding for the qualifiers.

I swear, the neural degeneration has kicked in early with me.

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

I don't think the shape is important, unless we don't get a good result or performance - then it will be the most important talking point. We have played a back three and looked good and we have played a back three and looked rubbish.

If playing 3atb is about getting Tierney and our best players into the team, then logically 4atb is also true when he’s not available.

That’s my logic. I’d rather lose, Cooper for instance, and gain McTominay/Armstrong in midfield, than keep that extra defender that doesn’t really give us much, particularly at home against a poorer opposition.

Otherwise, I do agree. We could win convincingly with 3atb, or we could struggle. Both are quite possible.

Tough to say what he'll do in terms of team selection. Home game. A full week between games. Triple header and it almost feels like a must win game for Steve Clarke. I don't think we'll see wholesale changes - maybe 3 or 4 including Lyndon Dykes.

10 minutes ago, magookfc said:

Gordon

Souttar       Hendry     McKenna

Patterson                        Robertson

McTominay

Gilmour                  McGregor

Christie                           McGinn

Adams

Think Armenia will complain if we play with 12 players!

15 hours ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

If playing 3atb is about getting Tierney and our best players into the team, then logically 4atb is also true when he’s not available.

I don't want a long discussion on this but I wanted to mention that the system isn't only about getting our best individuals into the team.