Rutherglen Glencairn 2022-23

A wee setback for us last night with a poor performance at home to Beith. We played well enough for the first 20 minutes or so and got ourselves ahead, but then we stopped playing football and Beith pretty much controlled the rest of the game.

Anyway, it was another 90 minutes in the tank. On to Saturday....

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

A wee setback for us last night with a poor performance at home to Beith. We played well enough for the first 20 minutes or so and got ourselves ahead, but then we stopped playing football and Beith pretty much controlled the rest of the game.

Anyway, it was another 90 minutes in the tank. On to Saturday....

Beaten by a far better team. 

Good to round off pre-season with another win and another wee trophy, our third of pre-season. It makes the Players' Lounge display shelf look nice. 🙂🏆🏁

Now for the real stuff though, what has happened till now is irrelevant.

11 hours ago, glensmad said:

Good to round off pre-season with another win and another wee trophy, our third of pre-season. It makes the Players' Lounge display shelf look nice. 🙂🏆🏁

Now for the real stuff though, what has happened till now is irrelevant.

Is there a social club at the ground? Or just the Glencairn club across the park 

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Do you think there would be any possibility of getting one.  Definitely a social club brings locals closer and some more involved.
Love to see one being arranged

We used to have a vibrant social club beside our old ground at Southcroft Park. Unfortunately the business that was the old 'Glencairn Social Club' didn't recover from the 18 months of temporary closure when the compulsory purchase of our land forced us to move out while our new stadium was built. When the new building opened on Glasgow Road things just weren't what they were, and the social club business closed down a couple of years after the building opened. Since then the building has been leased to the business that operates as 'The Glencairn Venue". We do have longer term thoughts about developing our facilities at and around Hamish B. Allan Stadium, but nothing is imminent. 

Thanks to Gerry for the highlights, looked like a decent game for a 0-0. I missed it as I have the plague. 🙄

Excellent signing for us in Martin McBride, looking forward to watching him.

Edited by glensmad

4 hours ago, glensmad said:

Thanks to Gerry for the highlights, looked like a decent game for a 0-0. I missed it as I have the plague. 🙄

Excellent signing for us in Martin McBride, looking forward to watching him.

I assume there's a bit of rivalry between cambuslang rangers and Rutherglen glencairn ?

1 hour ago, Thejackdaw said:

I assume there's a bit of rivalry between cambuslang rangers and Rutherglen glencairn ?

They are our traditional local rivals, but we haven't been in the same league very often over the past decade.

A poor show from us yesterday, especially in the second half, although we did spend the second half playing with no recognised strikers, so it wasn't surprising that we looked blunt. We had good chances first half, but when McManus went off injured at half time we had very little threat up top despite the efforts of the Lone brothers filling in there.

Joe Pryce summed it up well to me after the game. "Nowhere near good enough. We have to be better, and we will be."

Good to grab a point that I felt we deserved from that game today with the late equaliser, and hopefully that will give the whole club a lift. It's been a really tough set of fixtures to start the league with - Gartcairn, Drumchapel United and St Cadoc's, all promotion contenders. We have a wee break for two cups now and then Cumbernauld are next up in the league, another probable promotion contender.