Rutherglen Glencairn 2022-23

3 hours ago, glensmad said:

We are delighted to announce the signing of right back/midfielder Alan Dunsmore.

Alan returns to the club after a few seasons at Arthurlie, having previously been a member of our successful Under 21 squad. Alan is available for selection for Saturday's match v Johnstone Burgh.🏁

20230330_120942.jpg

Great guy who just couldn’t get a run in the team with injuries including the 1 that kept him out for almost a year. Was great with the boys at the 20s when playing for them while getting fit. Good luck to Aldo at Glens. 

Good to get back to winning ways today with our first win in the league since the end of January.

It should have been more comfortable than 1-0 and it left us a wee bit nervous at the end, but we defended well all afternoon and Burgh rarely looked like breaking us down.

Away to St Cadoc's next week, then it's the Scottish Junior Cup semi final.

I wasn't at the game today as I'm in Barcelona for the weekend, but I'm told we played pretty well despite the 2-0 defeat. We also had Schoneville, McBride and McIlveen missing and took off several other regular players at half time due to knocks with a view to next weekend.

So it's full focus now on the Scottish Junior Cup semi final.

14 hours ago, glensmad said:

I wasn't at the game today as I'm in Barcelona for the weekend, but I'm told we played pretty well despite the 2-0 defeat. We also had Schoneville, McBride and McIlveen missing and took off several other regular players at half time due to knocks with a view to next weekend.

So it's full focus now on the Scottish Junior Cup semi final.

You got 2 hooses?

That's about 3 times this season you've mentioned Spain.

Joking aside, you still sticking with 40 points being the safety net to stay up?

2 hours ago, PossilYM said:

You got 2 hooses?

That's about 3 times this season you've mentioned Spain.

Joking aside, you still sticking with 40 points being the safety net to stay up?

Lol I wish. 🤣 It is the 3rd time I've been away this season, Barcelona twice and Rome.

Yes, I still have 40 points as the target for now.

I'm just home after a very long day, filled with nerves, frustration and ultimate relief and exhilaration. 🙂 I'm exhausted to be honest, but thought I'd just check in on here.

The best point of today was to see how much the win meant to so many people, especially some of our older supporters who perhaps thought they'd never see us get to the Scottish Junior Cup Final again. There were lots of teary eyes after the penalty shoot-out.

Can we win the final ? Of course we can, but at the moment I don't really care, that's for a few weeks from now. We'll just enjoy today for now. 🏁⚽🏆❤️

1 minute ago, glensmad said:

I'm just home after a very long day, filled with nerves, frustration and ultimate relief and exhilaration. 🙂 I'm exhausted to be honest, but thought I'd just check in on here.

The best point of today was to see how much the win meant to so many people, especially some of our older supporters who perhaps thought they'd never see us get to the Scottish Junior Cup Final again. There were lots of teary eyes after the penalty shoot-out.

Can we win the final ? Of course we can, but at the moment I don't really care, that's for a few weeks from now. We'll just enjoy today for now. 🏁⚽🏆❤️

You still can't beat the feeling of your team reaching Junior Cup Final,well done, but please do us the pleasure of whipping our neighbours, about 5 nil , would do nicely.

18 hours ago, glensmad said:

Congratulations to all at Rutherglen Glencairn on their win yesterday. Unfortunately there had to be a loser and thought East Craigie were very unlucky in the first half with Glens keeper having a couple of very good saves. As you say that win probably meant a lot to a lot of Glens men Alex Forbes and Wullie Harvey and his sidekick Joe  who have been around a while. Well done guys 

Edited by timeforchange