Rutherglen Glencairn 2022-23

33 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

When it was all in it was a more measured level though  don't you agree? 

Don't you even agree a tiny bit that it's a diluted  version of its former self ? Be honest with yourself.

What's with the riddy?

You come on and basically abuse and disrespect a West Region club for getting to a semi final.

Seriously what exactly is you problem.

glensmad has been everything but diplomatic with you.

Best blocked me thinks.

28 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

What's with the riddy?

You come on and basically abuse and disrespect a West Region club for getting to a semi final.

Best blocked me thinks.

If you can't even try and realise my point then I'm afraid that you do fall into the good old fashioned ' junior thicko' category  😆

1 hour ago, Thejackdaw said:

When it was all in it was a more measured level though  don't you agree? 

Don't you even agree a tiny bit that it's a diluted  version of its former self ? Be honest with yourself.

There's no doubt that it's a diluted version of what it used to be, but in our opinion it is very much worth playing in and if we were to be lucky enough to win the cup it would unquestionably be the club's biggest achievement for 84 years. You can only play against the opposition put in front of you. Remember that this tournament included Auchinleck Talbot, Darvel, Hurlford and Cumnock. It's not the fault of the "dross" that they've knocked each other out on the way to this stage.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

There's no doubt that it's a diluted version of what it used to be, but in our opinion it is very much worth playing in and if we were to be lucky enough to win the cup it would unquestionably be the club's biggest achievement for 84 years. You can only play against the opposition put in front of you. Remember that this tournament included Auchinleck Talbot, Darvel, Hurlford and Cumnock. It's not the fault of the "dross" that they've knocked each other out on the way to this stage.

And that was all I was only trying to say.. I'm glad we agree that it's a totally diluted tournament..

1 hour ago, Thejackdaw said:

And that was all I was only trying to say.. I'm glad we agree that it's a totally diluted tournament..

No, we don't agree that it is a "totally diluted tournament". It is not as big as it was, but your comment about the semi finalist clubs being "dross" were extremely offensive and didn't help you win any friends for your side of the debate.

13 hours ago, PossilYM said:

What's with the riddy?

Best blocked me thinks.

The biggest riddy is that Hertha is arguing that the quality is poor when his own team rattled out in the 3rd Round to lower league opposition.

Yes, the quality is less than it used to be, but it's still a decent competition to be in. There are still plenty of good sides taking part. I particularly like this tournament as we're in a quite local league ourselves so this gives us the opportunity to have trips beyond Tayside. Unfortunately that didn't happen this year as in our first game we lost to St. Roch's, but these things happen in cup football. I'll still be looking forward to it again next season.

Yes, I'd love it to be replaced with a proper Scotland-wide non-league tournament. But unfortunately that seems unlikely for now.

10 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

The biggest riddy is that Hertha is arguing that the quality is poor when his own team rattled out in the 3rd Round to lower league opposition.

And In years gone passed it would have been a real sore one,  however things have changed and I wasn't really up or down regarding it,  you're entitled to your opinion  and I'm entitled to mines  . 

20 hours ago, glensmad said:

No, we don't agree that it is a "totally diluted tournament". It is not as big as it was, but your comment about the semi finalist clubs being "dross" were extremely offensive and didn't help you win any friends for your side of the debate.

Calm down come on its My opinion and you're entitled to yours too while we agree that it's diluted   .

It's a terrible shadow of its former self for me however you're entitled to think otherwise. 

18 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Calling any team "dross" is disrespectful and offensive, no matter the quality of that team.

Fair enough Peter we just need to agree to disagree   . I do stick by my comment though it's a dross standard of what it used to be,  I get your ill founded nostalgia but come on it's not nearly close to what it used to be? You need to agree surely as I  feel you're being very blind sided here.? 

So our poor run of form in February continues and we tumble out of the WoSFL Cup. We got away with a poor performance at Larkhall in the Junior Cup, but after a great December and January it's been a honkin' February.

Bonnyton Thistle at home in the league for us next as we move into March, and we really need to find our December and January form again quickly.

I'd better not say what I thought of the referee's performance today.

2 minutes ago, glensmad said:

So our poor run of form in February continues and we tumble out of the WoSFL Cup. We got away with a poor performance at Larkhall in the Junior Cup, but after a great December and January it's been a honkin' February.

Bonnyton Thistle at home in the league for us next as we move into March, and we really need to find our December and January form again quickly.

I'd better not say what I thought of the referee's performance today.

Do it!

We are delighted to announce the return to Rutherglen Glencairn of striker Jay McKay from current WoSFL Premier Division leaders Beith Juniors. 

Jay was hugely popular with our supporters during his 5-year spell at the club from 2016 to 2021, during which he scored 55 goals in 122 appearances (102 starts). 

We are grateful to the secretaries of Beith Juniors and Petershill (his loan club) for their assistance in facilitating this transfer so smoothly. Jay is available for selection for this weekend's league match against Bonnyton Thistle.

Cracking wee player is jay with a good attitude and wholehearted commitment,  maybe its a measure of the quality that our manager has built at beith that jay didn't get as much game time as he would have liked , however he will be really missed at bellsdale by all our fans and best wishes to him at RG.

Edited by Thejackdaw