Rutherglen Glencairn 2022-23

8 minutes ago, Park the Buffs said:

Just wondering Glensmad what to expect from Craig Leitch - haven’t seen him play for Buffs yet. Looking forward to our meeting in big Scottish.

Leitchy can play in a few positions across the defensive line. Nice lad.

57 minutes ago, rutherglen glencairn said:

Highlights of Glencairn v St Cadoc's

https://youtu.be/tzvn4I6XG8g

Excellent highlights, great quality with the different cameras and different angles.  Having things of this quality at theses grounds from supporters and enthusiasts is putting this level of football on the map same as others like Pollok, Clydebank etc...   keep it coming guys.

In saying that, the quality is that good of the highlights I'm thinking FFS Glens WTF are your defence doing,  Their keeper had a superb game. The two center halves looked shocking and the one who scored the fourth and equalizer had a horrendous game and feck me he did a little to make up for it by equalizing.  These points from my view of the highlights as I haven't seen the full game.  😐

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Excellent highlights, great quality with the different cameras and different angles.  Having things of this quality at theses grounds from supporters and enthusiasts is putting this level of football on the map same as others like Pollok, Clydebank etc...   keep it coming guys.

In saying that, the quality is that good of the highlights I'm thinking FFS Glens WTF are your defence doing,  Their keeper had a superb game. The two center halves looked shocking and the one who scored the fourth and equalizer had a horrendous game and feck me he did a little to make up for it by equalizing.  These points from my view of the highlights as I haven't seen the full game.  😐

Very harsh on our two centre backs, to be fair. Maguire made a mistake for the second goal, but I can't recall a mistake O'Byrne made in the game. Other than that they defended quite well against a good quality attack in Wilson and the excellent Sweeney.

18 hours ago, glensmad said:

Good to grab a point that I felt we deserved from that game today with the late equaliser, and hopefully that will give the whole club a lift. It's been a really tough set of fixtures to start the league with - Gartcairn, Drumchapel United and St Cadoc's, all promotion contenders. We have a wee break for two cups now and then Cumbernauld are next up in the league, another probable promotion contender.

With the exception of Bonnyton Thistle, the rest of the First Division teams look like they could beat each other on their day.

Nobody on full points after 3 games and two wins could take a team from relegation zone to top five in a fortnight.

Maybe a bit clearer by October when we see who's joining Bonnyton at the trap door and who's looking for a place with the big guns above.

Edited by PossilYM

25 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Very harsh on our two centre backs, to be fair. Maguire made a mistake for the second goal, but I can't recall a mistake O'Byrne made in the game. Other than that they defended quite well against a good quality attack in Wilson and the excellent Sweeney.

As I said, I'm going by the highlights, not the full game, the highlights do not show up well for them both, their positional play, their passing or their clearances, as i said, I don't think anyone can disagree by what they have shown in the highlights.

The rest of the game they might have done well, I do not know 

We are pleased to announce the signing of experienced midfielder Stephen McDevitt. Stephen has represented Scotland at amateur level having captained Wellhouse and Colville Park to trophy successes, as well as recent spells in the WoSFL with Darvel, Pollok and Cumbernauld United.

It was good to get our first competitive win of the season today, and good to see Jack McIlveen back amongst the goals with a 6-minute hat-trick.

Credit goes to Finnart for the way they play the game, very pleasing on the eye and if they stick to that style they'll make a lot of friends as they climb the leagues.

Now our full attention turns to our first ever match in The Scottish Cup. 🏆

On 20/08/2022 at 21:03, glensmad said:

It was good to get our first competitive win of the season today, and good to see Jack McIlveen back amongst the goals with a 6-minute hat-trick.

Credit goes to Finnart for the way they play the game, very pleasing on the eye and if they stick to that style they'll make a lot of friends as they climb the leagues.

Now our full attention turns to our first ever match in The Scottish Cup. 🏆

Good luck, an historic achievement. Hope that you all enjoy it. The start of a New Era

1 hour ago, Crfc1990 said:

Going to take in the game the morra looking for a watering hole near the ground as rutherglen have none thanks in advance..

The Sportsmans Bar . Glencairn Venue.  Both right next to the ground.  If you look at the highlights  of their games you can see the Sportsmans Bar. 

Edited by Satori.

It was obviously very disappointing not to hold out for an historic first win in The Scottish Cup yesterday, but to be fair on the balance of play The Buffs didn't deserve to lose the game.

I thoroughly enjoyed the occasion though, the culmination of a hell of a lot of work by a lot of people at both clubs, and it was great to see a lot of new faces in the stadium supporting The Glens. Hopefully they'll come back again, although we don't have a home game for over a month now. (Unless we win the replay and get drawn at home in the next round.)

Edited by glensmad

8 minutes ago, glensmad said:

It was obviously very disappointing not to hold out for an historic first win in The Scottish Cup yesterday, but to be fair on the balance of play The Buffs didn't deserve to lose the game.

I thoroughly enjoyed the occasion though, the culmination of a hell of a lot of work by a lot of people at both clubs, and it was great to see a lot of new faces in the stadium supporting The Glens. Hopefully they'll come back again, although we don't have a home game for over a month now. (Unless we win the replay and get drawn at home in the next round.)

Well done to you guys.

You’re dead right - nobody realises the amount of work and preparation that’s put in many shifts before and during these ties. Also the sleepless Friday night😅

An away tie is priceless - trust me. 
You nearly got the result , but just crack on and get into the rounds - then you’ll get rewarded financially with the SFA payout. Nothing allocated to the preliminary rounds unfortunately.

The excitement and anticipation is similar to what you used see in England years and years ago when non league teams played the big clubs. It made me realise how all these grass roots fans got so worked up about the FA Cup. You’ll understand that sensation now.