Rutherglen Glencairn 2022-23

A very encouraging start to our pre-season match schedule with a 2-1 win away to new Premier Division side Cambuslang Rangers in our annual William Skinner Memorial Cup match. Goals by Darren Burns and Jack McIlveen.

Five or six players were missing from the squad today due to work and holidays, so it was good to get a positive start to the matches.

Next up it's the Townhead Tournament at Cumnock next weekend.9500fc873b2d4e8379e8004484fa51a1.jpg

A very encouraging start to our pre-season match schedule with a 2-1 win away to new Premier Division side Cambuslang Rangers in our annual William Skinner Memorial Cup match. Goals by Darren Burns and Jack McIlveen.

Five or six players were missing from the squad today due to work and holidays, so it was good to get a positive start to the matches.

Next up it's the Townhead Tournament at Cumnock next weekend.9500fc873b2d4e8379e8004484fa51a1.jpg
New season same old same old,why cant you let us know your results etc WITHOUT mentioning the amount of players missing due to whatever reason...

New season same old same old,why cant you let us know your results etc WITHOUT mentioning the amount of players missing due to whatever reason...
Just to annoy you. [emoji6]

For the rest who are grown up enough not to let it annoy them, it gives them some perspective on the performance.

Just to annoy you. [emoji6]

For the rest who are grown up enough not to let it annoy them, it gives them some perspective on the performance.
Oh it does'nt annoy me one little bit, it's just a bit repetitive saying it in every match report you post.[emoji106]

If it doesn't annoy you, then don't point it out. [emoji6]
Yawn ...it's not about 11 players anymore Glensmad it's about the quality of the squad that counts.hence Darvel won the league and yous got relegated...[emoji106]

Yawn ...it's not about 11 players anymore Glensmad it's about the quality of the squad that counts.hence Darvel won the league and yous got relegated...[emoji106]
For somebody who claims not to be bothered about it, you're not half making a mountain out of the mole hill of me mentioning we had a few players missing. [emoji1787]

Looked a pretty even game with Glencairn shading it in the 2nd half going by the highlights.

Being a Lang fan it's impossible to find out about new signings as their socials aren't good with updates and I work away. How did they look? Didn't see Anson playing? 

Looked a pretty even game with Glencairn shading it in the 2nd half going by the highlights.
Being a Lang fan it's impossible to find out about new signings as their socials aren't good with updates and I work away. How did they look? Didn't see Anson playing? 
It was a pretty even game to be fair, both teams playing their first games of pre-season.

I don't know what the situation is with Scott Anson, he wasn't involved yesterday, perhaps he is on holiday or injured or was working ? (Better check with catakoom if it's ok to talk about missing players. [emoji1787] )

On 10/07/2022 at 03:05, glensmad said:

It was a pretty even game to be fair, both teams playing their first games of pre-season.

I don't know what the situation is with Scott Anson, he wasn't involved yesterday, perhaps he is on holiday or injured or was working ? (Better check with catakoom if it's ok to talk about missing players. emoji1787.png )

Maybe he was in Portugal trying to fix the floodlights 

Good to get another pre-season win and a clean sheet, although both teams were miles away from their strongest selections today due to the Glasgow holiday weekend. (I hope it's ok to mention that. [emoji6] )

A big task awaits us tomorrow in the final with a similar squad to today, a couple in and out I believe, but we'll give it our best shot. The fitness is the main thing though, and being ready for the big kick off in two weeks' time.

Good to get another pre-season win and a clean sheet, although both teams were miles away from their strongest selections today due to the Glasgow holiday weekend. (I hope it's ok to mention that. [emoji6] )

A big task awaits us tomorrow in the final with a similar squad to today, a couple in and out I believe, but we'll give it our best shot. The fitness is the main thing though, and being ready for the big kick off in two weeks' time.
[emoji6]

Our positive pre-season (so far) continued with a penalty shoot-out win away to Cumnock after a 1-1 draw in the Townhead Tournament Final.

Great to see Michael Lone getting a goal after being out of action for 9 months, he'll hopefully be a big player for us this season.

The Glens look in good shape going into the new season. All the best and hopefully a promotion on the cards.
Fingers crossed, but I'll wait to assess us once the season starts and teams are playing their strongest sides.