Rutherglen Glencairn 2022-23

Pre-season training starts for us again on Saturday, with (so far) six new faces added to the squad :-

Scott Law (goalkeeper)
Connor Neilson (left back)
Anthony Maguire (centre back)
Sean Hughes (midfielder)
Ross Smith (attacking midfielder/striker)
Ryan McManus (striker)

I'm looking forward to seeing what they all have to offer. We know about Neilson, Maguire and Smith as they all played a few first team games last season before stepping up from our u21s, but the other three also come with a good reputation.

Maybe some more to be added as well, time will tell.....

On 09/06/2022 at 13:53, glensmad said:

Glencairn's pre-season match schedule :-

Saturday 9th July 2022 - Cambuslang Rangers (away) - William Skinner Memorial Cup

Maybe check the Rangers fixtures first.

Just in case you need to rearrange another friendly at short notice.

Further to our imminent appointment as members of the Scottish Football Association and our participation in the Scottish Cup for season 2022-23, we would like to confirm that Rutherglen Glencairn FC have also re-applied for membership of the Scottish Junior FA to facilitate our participation once again in the Scottish Junior Cup.

When the WoSFL was formed just over two years ago, our club's Management Committee felt that we should make a clear and firm full commitment to the new organisation. Now that the WoSFL is fully in place and settled into linear leagues with a lessened league fixture schedule, combined with changes in the structure of the SJFA, the club's Management Committee unanimously agree that the time is now right to apply to re-enter the Scottish Junior Cup.

We emphasise that we remain fully committed to participation in all of the mandatory competitions that come with our ongoing WoSFL membership - the WoSFL First Division, the South Region Challenge Cup, and the WoSFL Cup.

Squad news from last night :-

Keirin Coleman will be leaving Glencairn, the club having agreed a transfer fee for him to move to a Premier Division club.

Harry Mitchell has signed on again for his 5th season with the first team, having initially graduated through our u21s.

Further to our imminent appointment as members of the Scottish Football Association and our participation in the Scottish Cup for season 2022-23, we would like to confirm that Rutherglen Glencairn FC have also re-applied for membership of the Scottish Junior FA to facilitate our participation once again in the Scottish Junior Cup.

When the WoSFL was formed just over two years ago, our club's Management Committee felt that we should make a clear and firm full commitment to the new organisation. Now that the WoSFL is fully in place and settled into linear leagues with a lessened league fixture schedule, combined with changes in the structure of the SJFA, the club's Management Committee unanimously agree that the time is now right to apply to re-enter the Scottish Junior Cup.

We emphasise that we remain fully committed to participation in all of the mandatory competitions that come with our ongoing WoSFL membership - the WoSFL First Division, the South Region Challenge Cup, and the WoSFL Cup.
Cannie let go of the juniors. Embarrassing

Mon the papers

Cannie let go of the juniors. Embarrassing

Mon the papers
Playing in the Scottish Junior Cup suits some teams and not others. That's fair enough. All teams should be left to make their own decisions which are always in their own best interests.

21 hours ago, glensmad said:

Squad news from last night :-

Keirin Coleman will be leaving Glencairn, the club having agreed a transfer fee for him to move to a Premier Division club.

Harry Mitchell has signed on again for his 5th season with the first team, having initially graduated through our u21s.

Very steady player is the lad Coleman as is Schoneville who could play in a top half premier team easily.

1 hour ago, AM-1 said:

Very steady player is the lad Coleman as is Schoneville who could play in a top half premier team easily.

Trying to cause unrest with Scott wont work you keep sticking his name out their I'm sure the people who run the premier league teams don't need your scouting prowess

Playing in the Scottish Junior Cup suits some teams and not others. That's fair enough. All teams should be left to make their own decisions which are always in their own best interests.
Maybe suits use but use really shouldnt be allowed 2 play in it as we all left the juniors behind but the shambles that is wosl committee is letting teams play in it and giving it preference 2 other games when it should never be happening.

Mon the papers

Maybe suits use but use really shouldnt be allowed 2 play in it as we all left the juniors behind but the shambles that is wosl committee is letting teams play in it and giving it preference 2 other games when it should never be happening.

Mon the papers
Give it a rest ya rocket.
Ps if you are married and have children they must cringe if they ever read your posts,however i dont think you are as you come over as very sad old man with no friends, jeezo even your own fans can'nt stand you.

Mon the papers [emoji854]

57 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Mon the papers

As much as I want rid of it from my own team playing in it if teams want to do it then that’s up to them. As long as it doesn’t get priority over the bigger competitions that’s fine.

Mon the papers

The Scottish Junior Cup does not take priority over any WoSFL competition. Dates are agreed prior to the start of the season for SJC games and, if they cannot be played on those dates for whatever reason, they do not automatically move to the following Saturday the way they used to when the West Region SJFA ran the league.

On 15/06/2022 at 08:40, glensmad said:

The SJFA rules allow tier 6 clubs to pay an entry fee for the Junior Cup, what's the difference between that and applying for actual membership? (£400 in December+balls I assume?)

Edited by Ginaro

6 hours ago, Happy Chappy said:

Trying to cause unrest with Scott wont work you keep sticking his name out their I'm sure the people who run the premier league teams don't need your scouting prowess

Unrest?! Complimenting a player on his ability and potential on an open forum?! 

Get a grip of yourself.

Give it a rest ya rocket.
Ps if you are married and have children they must cringe if they ever read your posts,however i dont think you are as you come over as very sad old man with no friends, jeezo even your own fans can'nt stand you.

Mon the papers [emoji854]

Aye am auld. Why would my kids read my posts? There children they go out n play in the park no read online football forums. I hope u dont make ur kids do that.yes ive no friends thanks for pointing that out. If u dont like my post block me ya tadger. As for own fans no liking me i couldnt give a flying f#ck

Mon the papers

• 2 weeks later...

A tough schedule for us to start the league season :-

Gartcairn (home), Drumchapel United (away), St Cadocs (home), Cumbernauld United (home).

All teams who will be expecting to be challenging for promotion.

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

Gartcairn (home), Drumchapel United (away), St Cadocs (home), Cumbernauld United (home).

Could be three out of four away.

I am sure Glencairn will be one of the favourites to win the league.