3. Dunfermline 

4. Airdrie

5. Alloa

6. Kelty

7. Montrose

8. Clyde

9. Edinburgh 

10. Peterhead 

Definitely feels like there’s probably 3 mini-leagues this year, and wouldn’t be too surprised to see any of the top 3 or 4 in any order. 

1. Dunfermline 

2. Queen Of The South 

3. Falkirk 

4. Airdrie

5. Alloa

6. Montrose

7. Kelty

8. FC Edinburgh

9. Clyde

10. Peterhead 

On 27/06/2022 at 13:12, Tenkay said:

Not many people predicting even a top eight finish for my Edinburgh City team!

I never really followed League one before, so all I can tell you is Kelty Hearts are NOT much better than us!

Lazy predictions with Kelty as high as 4th and Edinburgh last will be miles wrong, IMHO, off course.

Would have been better to start this thread mid July, just before the league starts so we all have a better Idea of who's actually got what In their squads.

On 27/06/2022 at 13:23, FFC 1876 said:

Looked quite neck and neck for the title last season right enough so god knows what people are basing that opinion on...

95F8BFD4-9183-498F-9524-818E6C6A9253.jpeg

@Tenkay I'm sorry.

😂👍 No bother buddy!

We're only one game into the season, so anything could still happen.

At least you got 11 greenies for your post, so fair play to you! 👍 Which Shows there seems to be plenty of clueless posters in this League one forum!

On 30/06/2022 at 12:19, Otis Blue said:

Wouldn't surprise me at all ... at least one or more of the "fancied four" are likely to make a total arse of things.

Early days yet with only two games in ... but the Bairns and Queens are doing their best to justify my fears ...

Airdrie and the Pars doing the business so far.

So, still early days and I guess we need to wait until the end of the 1st quarter before we start getting a real feel for this league.  That said, we're a third of the way into the 1st quarter now and there are some early tell-tale signs starting to show ...

Dunfermline and Airdrie - chalking up decent points already and looking like early contenders for the title.

Kelty - something of a surprise for me, sitting with zero points from three games.  Just an early blip?  Surely they will pick up?

Peterhead, Clyde and Edinburgh - pretty well most folks predictions for the bottom three but Clyde and Edinburgh are certainly rocking that boat just now.  Peterhead may be the team to struggle the most (but don't worry - you play Queens next!).

Of the "fancied four" during pre-season posts - Falkirk and Queens struggling to match expectations.  Having watched Queens yesterday they're clearly still a work-in-progress (poor first half) but when the full squad is available should have enough to hopefully reach the play-offs - but won't win the league.

Alloa and Montrose - look solid enough for mid-table, pretty much as folk were predicting.

As I said, its only 3 games in and squads are still being finalised, settling in etc so early days ...