League One 22/23 Table Predictions

58 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Montrose to punch above their weight again this year...4th place. 

Wouldn't surprise me at all ... at least one or more of the "fancied four" are likely to make a total arse of things.

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Wouldn't surprise me at all ... at least one or more of the "fancied four" are likely to make a total arse of things.

That'll be Airdrie, I think. Can only see the manager appointment ending in a total farce. 

I think Alloa will feature more in the top four reckoning. 

With that I'm going for 

1- Dunfermline - Heart ruling head a bit here, I'm not entirely convinced by McPake as a manager but I think he'll do OK, genuinely beleive we have the best attacking options in the league in terms of strikers which will see us through. 

2 - QoTS - I'm not nearly as taken with there pre season buisness as everyone else, and I think the defence could end up looking very ropey. However when they'll be attacking as much as they are i reckon it won't be as noticeable, Connolly to play a massive part. 

3 - Falkirk - Solid, won't lose many games but will draw allot, currently with Gary Oliver as there only striker, McGlynn has previously struggled to find strikers in the loan market, can't seem him finding it any easier down a tier. 

4 - Alloa - Going under the radar quite a bit, Rice will have a really good feel for the squad now and I think they'll do really well. 

5 - Montrose - Petrie will get a tune out of the squad and see them challenging for the playoffs throughout, really tight between them and Alloa

6 - Kelty Hearts - I reckon they'll be dissapointed with this, will have some right good players going forward but I'm not convinced by Potter as a gaffer. 

7 - Airdrie - Considered placing them below Peterhead, don't see anything other than the management appointment ending as an absolute train wreck, the loss of Murray and Easton is pretty massive. 

8 - Peterhead - Through process of elimination they sort of end up here, sorry guys. 

9 - Edinburgh - Could well finish tenth, however... 

10- Clyde - Fanbase that idolised a rapist, hope they do a Brechin. Danny Lennon is fucking weird. 

5 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

In the seaside leagues it's known as "doing a Falkirk".

Edit to add: well done wee Marshiepants back to the rapid red dots after your most uncharacteristic half hour gap earlier. You're nearly back to your best form. 

Edited by cb_diamond

8 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Unless McGlynn makes very good use of the loan market and our mooted 1 or 2 permanent signings to come in are great then I'd say we might keep a hold of our title as being the most likely to make a howling cnut of it again. A lot depends on whether we can shift more of the shit Holt lumbered us with. I don't think we will shift enough so I'm expecting McGlynn to make us harder to beat which wouldn't be difficult, but there is absolutely nothing from middle to front in this team. That's a worry. 

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

A lot depends on whether we can shift more of the shit Holt lumbered us with.

I'm genuinely not on the wind up here, but I'm really out of touch with what's been going on at Falkirk... apart from checking the L1 table now and again and wondering WTF is going on there. Did I read someone on your thread saying that 4 year deals had been handed out by Holt? If true that just beggars belief at our level ... a 2 year deal is a major event at Palmy.

Anyhow, appointing McGlynn was a decent move.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Queen of the South

2. Falkirk

3. Montrose

4. Airdrie

5. Dunfermline

6. Alloa

7. Kelty

8. Clyde

9. Edinburgh

10. Peterhead

When the lineup for the division was confirmed QoS were the full-time team I'd have thought most likely to miss out on the top four, but their business has been good for all the jury is out on Gibson. Dunfermline and Kelty have both appointed total clownshoe managers who will be lucky to see the season out whereas Falkirk have finally got a manager with a track record of success in this division, albeit hamstrung by the amount of shite he's inheriting. Airdrie's managerial appointment is a massive gamble but I'd rather a roll of the dice than Potter or McPake, and they've made some good signings for all they're short on depth. Montrose will do what they always do under Petrie, and Alloa should be in no relegation trouble and are just unfortunate there are so many relative big spenders in the league.

The bottom three are basically are a mini league of their own. Clyde look less bad than the other two as it stands but with so many signings to come, particularly for Peterhead, that order could easily change.

2 hours ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:

QoS.

Pars.

Falkirk

Airdrie.

Montrose.

Kelty.

Alloa.

Edinburgh.

Peterhead.

Clyde.

Thanks for the vote of confidence (in QOS) ... alas it makes me (and no doubt quite a few other Doonhamers) quite uncomfortable being associated with such a positive outcome.  Cheers anyway.

PS - curious about the photo in your avatar - any clues?

QoS 

Falkirk 

Dunfermline

Montrose 

Kelty 

Airdrie 

Alloa 

Edinburgh 

Clyde 

Peterhead 

I'll be confident for once in my time supporting QoS but tbh I don't think we'll finish top unless we somehow avoid injuries. Which already isn't looking likely. I'll be delighted with a Top 3 finish. Dunfermline and Falkirk really should have the depth and budget to be in the top 2. Particularly if they can strengthen in January if it isn't going as well as planned. 

Can't call it between them either. Falkirk don't look particularly good on paper but there's no question the rape apologist will get them playing as a unit regardless. On the flip side, Dunfermline don't have a good manager IMO but have a decent enough squad so should be fine: exactly the same thing I thought about them at the start of last season... 

I think my top 3 will be in any order as well as my bottom 3. And the middle group could be in any order as well. Montrose having a reasonably settled squad and a competent manager gives them the edge IMO. 

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Dunfermline and Falkirk really should have the depth and budget to be in the top 2. Particularly if they can strengthen in January if it isn't going as well as planned. 

We currently have zero depth.   Cover at full back, in goal and for the target man but nothing else.   We don’t have any options to change our system.  Unless we make some good quality signings we will be heavily reliant on 16 year olds.