League One 22/23 Table Predictions

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

I think Scumfermline currently have the best attacking options in the league but they've also still got a lot of work to do to sort out the rest of the team.

Scumfermline! Brilliant banter.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Even more clueless than normal, but here goes anyway:

Falkirk

Dunfermline

Kelty

Airdrie

Queens

Alloa

Montrose

Peterhead

Clyde

Edinburgh

Not many people predicting even a top eight finish for my Edinburgh City team!

I never really followed League one before, so all I can tell you is Kelty Hearts are NOT much better than us!

Lazy predictions with Kelty as high as 4th and Edinburgh last will be miles wrong, IMHO, off course.

Would have been better to start this thread mid July, just before the league starts so we all have a better Idea of who's actually got what In their squads.

Edited by Tenkay

Be an awkward situation if things aren't well, can you call for the managers to leave when they're two of your most important players? 

I tend to agree. I’m never convinced that a player manager works. We are worse as our assistant is also the same. As you say, if it goes wrong then either they need to leave or step aside and stick to playing. Will be interesting.

Regarding Murray and easton. Murray obviously did well but, at the end of the day, he still failed to get us up. Easton was the best player in the league. However, he was just one man. Absolutely a big loss but if we can improve in different areas then will hopefully negate him not being there.

Loan signings will be crucial I think.

9 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

I never really followed League one before, so all I can tell you is Kelty Hearts are NOT much better than us!

Lazy predictions with Kelty as high as 4th and Edinburgh last will be miles wrong, IMHO, off course.

Would have been better to start this thread mid July, just before the league starts so we all have a better Idea of who's actually got what In their squads.

Looked quite neck and neck for the title last season right enough so god knows what people are basing that opinion on...

95F8BFD4-9183-498F-9524-818E6C6A9253.jpeg

13 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Looked quite neck and neck for the title last season right enough so god knows what people are basing that opinion on...

Yip, Edinburgh clearly pushed Kelty all the way.  

If only they could have turned 8 of those defeats into victories.  Fine margins.

29 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

😂 Fair enough mate, you got me there!

Seriously though, yes we were poor for most of last season, but changed manager around March and were much better near the end of the season.

Wait and see, I guess, I'm just saying we'll not be as bad as expected and Kelty not as good as expected. 👍

Not that any of that will matter to Dunfermline, QOS and Falkirk at the top end.

2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

1. Airdrieonians

2. Dunfermline

3. QoftS

4. Montrose

5. Falkirk

6. Alloa

7. Kelty

8. Clyde

9. Edinburgh

10. Peterhead

Based on nowt more than idle guesswork as I sit on a sunlounger in Tenerife. 😎

If I spent one second on Pie and Bovril while in Tenerife then I'd be perpetually ashamed tbh.

2 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I see the increase in Fife-based teams in the league is correlating directly with the decline in original humour in this forum. Predictable. Was mildly funny the first and second times someone posted this exact thing.

Just as well you're here to keep us all in stitches fella.

6 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Indeed it would, but we're all bored without the fitba so here we are.

22 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Have to disagree there. We were well ahead of FC Edinburgh last season. I think you may surprise a few though in L1! 

McBookie have their odds up
FWVPwUmXwAEfOoV?format=jpg&name=medium

Not far away from what my prediction would be the now. I'm waiting until Dunfermline and Falkirk play their hands before I go for it.

Falkirk don't look great on paper but they have a competent sex offender hiring manager so it boosts them. Dunfermline are looking ok but I don't rate McPake at all. Not seeing the hype for Kelty at this point tbh and Potter isn't a great addition IMO. We have a decent squad which warrants the short odds just now but Gibson is still pretty untested.

Got to say I like that price on QOS with Sky. Any odds up elsewhere yet? Some difference with Edinburgh [emoji23]
Aye it's not too bad. I think once squads are assembled it may drift out though so I'll hang fire the now!

On 27/06/2022 at 13:12, Tenkay said:

Yes, but nobody saw the Potter appointment coming when the thread started.