League One 22/23 Table Predictions

29 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Rob puts it perfectly; Gibson only has a few games under his belt as a manager so it's difficult to know how good he'll be.

McPake is similar age but already has 100 matches behind him as a boss. Doesn't mean he's a guarantee by any means ofc.

I get what you mean mate! 👍

47 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Rob puts it perfectly; Gibson only has a few games under his belt as a manager so it's difficult to know how good he'll be.

Absolutely, only time will tell ... gotta hope.

Interesting reading on Oddschecker the now. No League 1 odds just yet but ourselves are the only League 1 side in the betting for the Scottish and League Cup. It may suggest the Bookies currently have us as favourites for League 1 until Falkirk and Dunfermline play their hand. Or the more likely explanation is that they think we're still in the Championship as there is no sign of Queens Park on the list [emoji38]

Man, barely posted and voted down twice by Marshmallo. 

No idea who he is but it's pretty clear by the sheer volume of up and down votes that he's sitting constantly refreshing the page, getting a semi everytime there's a positive Lolkirk post and giving himself a harsh w**k and a down vote for every negative comment. No doubt this post alone will lead ot his third harsh w**k in the last half hour alone. His Foreskin must be as tough as a rhino's by now. 

6 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

No idea who he is but it's pretty clear by the sheer volume of up and down votes that he's sitting constantly refreshing the page, getting a semi everytime there's a positive Lolkirk post and giving himself a harsh w**k and a down vote for every negative comment. No doubt this post alone will lead ot his third harsh w**k in the last half hour alone. His Foreskin must be as tough as a rhino's by now. 

Still, at least you’ve not let it affect you. 

Don't know if it'll be classed as a shock or not, but I don't think Airdrie finish in the top four, I think they'll finish below at least Alloa and Montrose, as well as potentially Qos, Falkirk and Dunfermline... 

59 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Don't know if it'll be classed as a shock or not, but I don't think Airdrie finish in the top four, I think they'll finish below at least Alloa and Montrose, as well as potentially Qos, Falkirk and Dunfermline... 

For no definitive reason I’ve a similar suspicion, they obviously punched above there weight a bit last season and were excellent at times. It’ll be harder to do the same again after losing a manager and they’re best player. The fans expectations will be raised now as well which also brings an added pressure to deal with, particularly for a rookie management team. I can see it being a tricky season for them. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

33 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

For no definitive reason I’ve a similar suspicion, they obviously punched above there weight a bit last season and were excellent at times. It’ll be harder to do the same again after losing a manager and they’re best player. The fans expectations will be raised now as well which also brings an added pressure to deal with, particularly for a rookie management team. I can see it being a tricky season for them. 

Be an awkward situation if things aren't well, can you call for the managers to leave when they're two of your most important players? 

8 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Why are you so worked up about dots on an internet forum and contemplating the thickness of another poster's penis?

53 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I do find these posts amusing, especially given how much squads still have to assemble. In saying that, we've lost a Manager who wasn't always loved by fans and certainly had his flaws. Such as sh!tting the bed tactically when it counted most in the play offs. We've also only lost one player that we wanted to retain, Easton, to a higher league so fair play to him. 

So far we've signed arguably the best right back in the league in recent seasons as well as getting the better end of the stick in a keeper swap with QoTS. From where I'm sitting, I'm more than happy with our squad retentions and early recruitment. Add to that some promising signing rumours which I can only hope come to fruition and I'd say we will be in the mix once again. 

Edited by Glenmavis Diamond

We've still got a lot of work to do on the squad front. At the moment we've only really got Gary Oliver as an option upfront and we've yet to sort out the middle of the park which has been an issue with us for years. McGinn will help with that but we need some legs in beside him, Finn Yeats was on trial against Killie and looked promising. 

Mcglynn's a much better manager than we've had over the last few years but he's clearly finding it difficult to bring players in. With us also having too many of the duds from last season still contracted I reckon it'll be playoffs at best. McGlynn said last week we still have scope for 1 or 2 more signings and then a few loans so hopefully he uses those loans to bring in a bit more quality.

I think Scumfermline currently have the best attacking options in the league but they've also still got a lot of work to do to sort out the rest of the team, Airdrie have done well keeping a good few of their players from last season as well as adding Rae & Ballantyne but Easton will be a massive loss. Loans are normally the best way of bringing in some quality in this league so it'll be interesting to see who clubs bring in over the next 5 weeks.

37 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

We've still got a lot of work to do on the squad front. At the moment we've only really got Gary Oliver as an option upfront and we've yet to sort out the middle of the park which has been an issue with us for years. McGinn will help with that but we need some legs in beside him, Finn Yeats was on trial against Killie and looked promising. 

Mcglynn's a much better manager than we've had over the last few years but he's clearly finding it difficult to bring players in. With us also having too many of the duds from last season still contracted I reckon it'll be playoffs at best. McGlynn said last week we still have scope for 1 or 2 more signings and then a few loans so hopefully he uses those loans to bring in a bit more quality.

I think Scumfermline currently have the best attacking options in the league but they've also still got a lot of work to do to sort out the rest of the team, Airdrie have done well keeping a good few of their players from last season as well as adding Rae & Ballantyne but Easton will be a massive loss. Loans are normally the best way of bringing in some quality in this league so it'll be interesting to see who clubs bring in over the next 5 weeks.

A very fair and well reasoned assessment. Still lots of business to be done, much of which could define how teams do this season. 

11 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Interesting reading on Oddschecker the now. No League 1 odds just yet but ourselves are the only League 1 side in the betting for the Scottish and League Cup. It may suggest the Bookies currently have us as favourites for League 1 until Falkirk and Dunfermline play their hand. Or the more likely explanation is that they think we're still in the Championship as there is no sign of Queens Park on the list emoji38.png

Aye, brilliant ... the explanation is the last part ... that's just so Scottish fitba. 😂

Even more clueless than normal, but here goes anyway:

Falkirk

Dunfermline

Kelty

Airdrie

Queens

Alloa

Montrose

Peterhead

Clyde

Edinburgh

Falkirk simply can't remain this pish indefinitely.  I think we'll muddle around inoffensively but I hope we can do a bit more damage.  Dunfermline really should be up there.

14 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

1. Absolutely

2. Crazy

3. To

4. Be

5. Predicting

6. The

7. Table

8. So

9. Early

10. Clyde

I see the increase in Fife-based teams in the league is correlating directly with the decline in original humour in this forum. Predictable. Was mildly funny the first and second times someone posted this exact thing.