League One 22/23 Table Predictions

2 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

I like your prediction Ross ... but I think you need to take a wee lie down till you feel better ...

If I've learned anything running league predictors (which I probably haven't tbf), it's that you need to make at least one bold move to have a chance of doing well.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

If I've learned anything running league predictors, it's that you need to make at least one bold move to have a chance of doing well.

So true, logic only gets you so far - there's always a surprise package.

On the basis that McCabe will be able to strengthen last season's side, we've already weakened Montrose by pinching Ballantyne and that the fiasco at Falkirk is too much for McGlynn to sort in one season ...........

Airdrie

Dunfermline

Montrose

Qos

Falkirk

Alloa

Kelty 

Edinburgh city

Peterhead

Clyde

1 minute ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

On the basis that McCabe will be able to strengthen last season's side, we've already weakened Montrose by pinching Ballantyne and that the fiasco at Falkirk is too much for McGlynn to sort in one season ...........

Airdrie

Dunfermline

Montrose

Qos

Falkirk

Alloa

Kelty 

Edinburgh city

Peterhead

Clyde

See what I fucking mean. What's this all about? Is there a mental disorder?

5 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

I've definitely hit a raw nerve here!

OK, so I get the ... "lets all have a good laugh at the "Big Time Charlies" who have come down to earth with a bump" thing.  And why not, if the fans of the bigger (relatively) clubs choose to dish it out in the first place then they've got to expect the same coming back at them with interest.  That's part of the fun of these forums, no problem there and you're entitled to wind them up.

However, as you guys both know deep down, eventually Falkirk will get it right - it's just a matter of when and not if.  The Bairns (and the Pars) are the (relatively) big fish in this division next season and they will have the bigger budgets.  Now generally/statistically over a reasonable period of time a bigger budget will mean better quality players/better quality coaches and that should lead eventually to being top of the particular pile.  The caveat in there of course is that during that "period of time" the bigger budget doesn't necessarily guarantee success - because we all know that a club can splash the cash on players and managers that turn out to be duds/basket cases - show me a club that hasn't got that on their CV, eh?  However, eventually, in the longer term the Bairns will get it right again (as will the Pars) - its just a matter of time ... and why isn't it about to be their time next season?

So when we are all surmising how this league turns out (and before the squads are finalised), all we have to go on are the usual things like assumed relative sizes of budgets, along with some other current info.  So is it a surprise that a lot of folk are suggesting the Bairns/the Pars could well top this league?  As I said in an earlier post - will be interesting to revisit this in say early July when we have a good idea of what the squads and management teams actually look like.

Plus of course ... we're all bored stiff during close season, hence why we're all posting such pish in the first place (me included)!

Much too serious for League One, Otis! However, I like the reasoning…

1) Falkirk

2) Montrose

3) Pars

4) QoS

5) Airdrie

6) Kelty

7) Alloa

8 )Peterhead

9) Edinburgh City

10) Clyde

4 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

If I've learned anything running league predictors (which I probably haven't tbf), it's that you need to make at least one bold move to have a chance of doing well.

Like Alloa winning the league 😜

No predictions here, other than Edinburgh City will get humped by a few teams but will pull off the odd surprise here and there. No idea who the strong teams are in this division, other than Kelty, who were streets ahead of us in 21/22. Looking forward to some new League 1 chat in the new season. 

On 01/06/2022 at 01:13, laughing gravie said:

So why pick Falkirk?  Just because McGlynn is now manager?

Put lipstick on a pig, it's still a 🐷

Dunfermline finished seventh in this league, appointed a competent manager to use our budget and absolutely scooshed the league the following season. 

At this moment Falkirk are favourites. 

5 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Dunfermline finished seventh in this league, appointed a competent manager to use our budget and absolutely scooshed the league the following season. 

At this moment Falkirk are favourites. 

Everyone was too busy pointing and laughing at Potter’s team to notice that those final couple of months of the season was like El Bak’s preseason. Potter found a role for him and he was just warming up as the season ended. Not sure our four strikers have 30 goals from open play between them.