League One 22/23 Table Predictions

Anyone else fancy having an absolutely wild and mostly baseless stab at what the table will look like at the end of the coming season? I'll start...

1. Dunfermline Athletic - should have enough financial might and contacts via McPake to sign well and win the league.

2. Kelty Hearts - similar boat but I don't think they will be the dominant Fifers. Fwiw, I think Thompson is a better manager than McPake and might be key to winning the league.

3. Falkirk - Despite his Goodwillie-based misadventures, McGlynn is a sensible manager and will see Falkirk into the play-offs but I think ultimately the quality in the league will prove too much (lol).

4. Airdrieonians - Taking a huge gamble on McCabe and Fordyce but the club seems to be well run at this point, so I'd imagine it's more of an educated gamble. Good squad and if they can add to it they should still make the play-offs.

5. Alloa Athletic - I like Brian Rice, and hopefully he gets a tune out of Alloa. Most of the squad has resigned and there is definitely a lot of potential quality there.

6. Montrose - Consistently high placed over the past few seasons, but I think there will just be too much in the league this season for the Mo to continue making the play-offs.

7. Queen of the South - I think it's going to be a long season for Queens, as is normally the case when you have to essentially sign the poorest full time players in the land.

8. Clyde - I think there will be a significant gap between 7th and 8th, and I feel like the three bottom clubs will be mostly interchangeable. Some mildly positive early recruitment for us, with most of last seasons dross seen off. Follow up recruitment will be absolutely key, but we're agonisingly waiting on Danny Lennon returning from his holibags. Hopefully our experience in the league sees us right.

9. Peterhead - I think they will be fighting at the bottom end of this league as per usual, but equally wouldn't be surprised if they pushed for the play offs.

10. Edinburgh City - An unknown quantity in this league, which is why I've stuck them bottom. I think they could perform well though, especially going off their first-promotion buzz.

All in all, that is an incredibly tough league. At this point I'm pretty much going off early recruitment, squad retention and club reputation. I think Clyde, Peterhead and Edinburgh may have a rough season, but we ultimately need to wait and see.

All about consolidating for us I’d think so here’s my well thought out guess 

Alloa

Dunfermline

Qos

Falkirk

Airdrie

Montrose

Kelty 

Clyde

Edinburgh city 

Peterhead 

edit to say can change whenever I like after final squads announced  😂😂

Here we go again..Pars predicted to do well [emoji23]. I won't be predicting Jack shit until i see us play at least 2 league games.

Fell for the hype last season predicting us to do well and instead we got relegated down here.

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Nobody has signed anyone, the season only ended about a fortnight ago lads.

Aye very true, but it's the close season and we're all already bored stiff ...

Will post predictions the Friday before the first games kick-off. My gut feeling is Falkirk will finally do damage and win the league, and we'll finish between 5th-8th.