Redactle

5 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Do you just sit reading wikipedia articles all day?

I've written two or three in my time, and being familiar with the format helps (like if it's a city, there'll likely be a list of twinned cities near the end, sort of thing). This page was mostly me narrowing down what turned out to be the first word with a bit of linguistic reasoning and then it was just two or three more guesses to get the other word.

2 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

I've written two or three in my time, and being familiar with the format helps (like if it's a city, there'll likely be a list of twinned cities near the end, sort of thing). This page was mostly me narrowing down what turned out to be the first word with a bit of linguistic reasoning and then it was just two or three more guesses to get the other word.

I got 

Spoiler

sport

on my third guess and I ended up thinking too specifically. I think on all of them I've done so far it's been easy enough at first glance to guess which subject it's broadly in. That's fine if it's something like today's or Lisbon a few days ago when you can guess specific but mostly general words, and it's not some nerd science shit when it's virtually impossible to get because you've never actually heard of the title or half of the words in the article.

I solved today's Redactle (#58) in 59 guesses with an accuracy of 81.36%. Played at https://www.redactle.com/

Got the subject after 18 guess, had a few tries at the jackpot (plus some words I knew would hit for a morale and accuracy boost) before I realised I could use the sport section to focus a bit more.