Bonnyrigg Rose: the where do I get parked thread

Well it’s back to the Boomtown Bernebeau this afternoon after a great victory and 3pts away to Albion Rovers last Saturday.We seem to have cut out the silly mistakes of earlier in the season and losing early goals. Stranraer are the team we have gained most points from this season and hope we can get 3 more points today. It would be great if we could score more than 1 goal , but in saying that 3 goals in 3 games away from home have earned us 9 very welcome points.  Expect the fans to be up for this one.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

17 hours ago, Clayhole Blue said:

Think that’s you guys about safe now - you must wish you could play us every week!

Elgin City play Albion Rovers on Saturday. Things could very easily tighten up again in other words. Think 40 points is the minimum needed to be reasonably confident about avoiding relegation at the moment.

On 03/04/2023 at 16:04, Ginaro said:

Wow. Of all the terrible football on display in that clip, I actually think it's the keeper's complete aversion to tackling or at least getting in McGachie's way that I find most offensive.

On my way to Ochilview with a smile on my face after the last 2 week’s victories. I hope it’s still there and maybe bigger come 4.50pm this afternoon. We have cut out the silly expensive mistakes and goals the last couple of weeks. The big wish now of course is to score more than 1 goal in the game. Previous games have been  loose and I see no difference today.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

• 2 weeks later...

Soon be on the road to Forfar. Let’s hope we can keep our unbeaten tag this season against them. Everyone knows we have to score goals to win games, and I feel that is what we have to do today. Robbie will surely have them wound up after last weeks quiet performance against the Sons. Look forward to a good day out.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

2 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

Soon be on the road to Forfar. Let’s hope we can keep our unbeaten tag this season against them. Everyone knows we have to score goals to win games, and I feel that is what we have to do today. Robbie will surely have them wound up after last weeks quiet performance against the Sons. Look forward to a good day out.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

All the best of luck to the Rose. Keep the points coming.

23 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Hope you're sending a big thank-you card to our idiot of a goalie for his losing the plot and gifting the penalty.

Well we have made it to the final away League match of the season today. It’s been a great adventure visiting all the new grounds this season and welcomed by most fans. We have had some great results away from home since Christmas and here’s hoping it can continue for one last match and results elsewhere help us rather than a nail biter next Saturday. Our fans have been excellent this season and I look forward to the last League away day of the season with the faithful.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Final push on Saturday. A win to secure 8th, a point to stay up in 9th. Either of which must count as a success for Year 1. 

A loss means Albion Rovers may be spared, and few could begrudge them that as they clearly had the better of the Rose over the course of the four meetings this season. Their 4-0 win at NDP was I think the biggest defeat of the season.

The last visit of Elgin to NDP in November may, however, have marked the lowest ebb in an, at times, very long season. Elgin led 3-0 at HT after a defensive horror show, and at that point I think we all had the Rose condemned. 

Recent performances have been much more encouraging. The huge victory at Cliftonhill was hard fought and ultimately deserved on the day. (I still giggle sometimes at that daft offside decision against Kieran as the clock was being run down!)

So overall a year of ups and downs. I will have made it along to 12 games by the season end, more than I’d perhaps imagined I would, but as Mantis said it is very handy having league games on the doorstep.

Ps. yes, the pitch has a slope.

On 04/05/2023 at 19:16, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

So overall a year of ups and downs. I will have made it along to 12 games by the season end, more than I’d perhaps imagined I would, but as Mantis said it is very handy having league games on the doorstep.

Ps. yes, the pitch has a slope.

Just checked up and I’m also surprised that tomorrow will be my 13th of the season at NDP. The two big League Cup ties plus a few midweeks and some Saturdays after ICT had played on the Friday night.
I also saw one away game, well beaten at Cliftonhill, but really just went there after seeing the first half at Gartcairn, which was awful, for a tick. It takes 4 or 5 minutes from there to Cliftonhill in a car and I made the kickoff nae bother.
I’m sure they’ll get the point they need tomorrow, backed by an hefty crowd, although they may need it as Rovers are capable of beating the Binos who could well have the buckets and spades packed.
And yes, the pitch has slopes.

Edited by The Mantis

On 09/01/2023 at 20:54, C_titz said:

The bottom team will come from rovers or Bonnyrigg .

On 09/01/2023 at 22:00, nofixedability said:

Can’t see this post coming back to haunt you at all. Not at all.

Bruce Forsyth Tv Times GIF - BruceForsyth TvTimes Neilsmiles - Discover ...

Edited by Jacksgranda