Bonnyrigg Rose: the where do I get parked thread

Headed down to NDP this afternoon as a neutral of sorts. I have seen the Rose a dozen times over the past couple of years since I moved out that way. 

I must say Bonnyrigg do look in real trouble, Second best all over the park today but the most worrying aspect was the lack of plan B or ability to change the game. It was obvious to anyone the long ball game was bread and butter to Sonkur & Graham who dealt with the arial bombardment superbly. 

Dean Brett was absolutely terrorised by Charlie Reilly all first half and was rightly hooked at the break. It’s the first time I’ve seen Brett get that sort of treatment from a winger unsure if he is struggling for fitness at the moment but certainly didn’t look 100%. That being said his replacement didn’t fare much better.

I was really impressed with the Rovers front 3 they linked up well looked pacey, direct and dangerous everytime they broke forward. The young lad at left back looked a cracking player too great first touch and eye for a pass. 

Hard to see where the Rose go from here, maybe need to see some departures before they can replace some of the lowland league heroes with SPFL Quality. Perhaps not time to panic just yet as they have picked up a few good results recently this may just be a one off. 

I would also say the referee and near side linesman took some horrendous abuse throughout the game from the locals but I don’t think they got many decisions wrong at all. Who would be a referee huh?

Edited by Dench

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

A question for the Rose fans. Mitchell seems to be getting a decent amount of playing time, but isn’t really scoring. Is this a weakness in his abilities, a lack of fair opportunities, or something else?

A bit of a combination of a team who currently don’t make a huge amount of chances but also not always looking a natural finisher.

He has a great work rate and has definitely made a difference to a team that really lacks pace and he gets in some good positions but he can snatch at chances, for example missed a one on one page away to Stenhousemuir you would expect him to take.

He had no chance yesterday, as someone above said we played long and high balls into two huge centre halves all game but I think he has been a good signing overall.

9 hours ago, alan862 said:

How did Joe bevan get on

I thought he was very good, really good first touch and good movement. Made the defence work everytime the ball went up the park and was a handful.

Am I correct he just signed from Camelon?

10 hours ago, Dench said:

Dean Brett was absolutely terrorised by Charlie Reilly all first half and was rightly hooked at the break. It’s the first time I’ve seen Brett get that sort of treatment from a winger unsure if he is struggling for fitness at the moment but certainly didn’t look 100%. That being said his replacement didn’t fare much better.

Dean Brett is struggling with a rib injury, I think they're bruised and shouldn't have been playing. Their number 11 was excellent in fairness and as you said Grigor didn't do much better.

That was the worst I've seen Rose play in a long time. Something needs to change, it's all to samey. Horn plays the same formation but doesn't have the players to do it, by the time he changed it we were 3-0 down. Show some bravery and make the changes when you're still in the game, not when it's to late. Standing on the touchline with your hands in your pockets or looking at your watch won't make any difference

Edited by jdt

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

A question for the Rose fans. Mitchell seems to be getting a decent amount of playing time, but isn’t really scoring. Is this a weakness in his abilities, a lack of fair opportunities, or something else?

I think a bit of both and someone said above. I like Mitchell, he was the only player who made their defence work yesterday. He's raw but I think there's a player in there, would maybe be good in a front 3 where he could move about and switch positions with 2 others.

Don't know if he has a future at Raith but I'd say he's worth another shot in preseason should they want to give him a run.

15 hours ago, C_titz said:

Bonnyrigg heading towards their level. Absolute diddy club

Question for you. Who would you rather have in the league? If Bonnyrigg are a diddy club as you say then what does the make Cowdenbeath or Berwick? I don't understand this way of thinking, how dare a club like Bonnyrigg play league 2. Didn't they deserve it? Edinburgh City and Kelty have come through the pyramid and have been good additions. Give Bonnyrigg and chance, league 2 is tighter than a ducks arse. 2 wins and they'll be 4th  

2 hours ago, Sr2004 said:

I thought he was very good, really good first touch and good movement. Made the defence work everytime the ball went up the park and was a handful.

Am I correct he just signed from Camelon?

Yeh he signed from camelon 

3 hours ago, jdt said:

Question for you. Who would you rather have in the league? If Bonnyrigg are a diddy club as you say then what does the make Cowdenbeath or Berwick? I don't understand this way of thinking, how dare a club like Bonnyrigg play league 2. Didn't they deserve it? Edinburgh City and Kelty have come through the pyramid and have been good additions. Give Bonnyrigg and chance, league 2 is tighter than a ducks arse. 2 wins and they'll be 4th  

Berwick. Definitely 

18 hours ago, C_titz said:

Bonnyrigg heading towards their level. Absolute diddy club 

They have only had half a season in the league and despite their struggles, the shite has never run out of their arses like it's ran out of yours recently.  Gie them peace.

Edited by WC Boggs
add

6 hours ago, jdt said:

Personally would like a flat pitch as a minimum requirement for entry