Bonnyrigg Rose: the where do I get parked thread

40 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

I don't quite get the money comment either. I'd have thought we had a pretty average budget. 

I think (s)he’s trying to claim that Kelty spent the same as everyone else when they were promoted

3 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Well done Bonnyrigg. Whatever opinions I might have on your pitch or style of play, you've been a good addition to the SPFL and have earned your continued spot without being financially doped and that's what the Pyramid and Pyramid play-offs should be all about.

Anybody got the figures for average attendances over the season :P

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Anybody got the figures for average attendances over the season :P

Hopefully. They'd back up precisely what I said from the start - Bonnyrigg wouldn't get a 4 figure average over the season.

Look what you are keeping out SPFL clubs by keeping the playoff. Clubs with fans.

Ok that argument lasted until Brechin had their 5th pen saved, but you get the gist of what I'm saying.

5 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Look what you are keeping out SPFL clubs by keeping the playoff. Clubs with fans.

Ok that argument lasted until Brechin had their 5th pen saved, but you get the gist of what I'm saying.

Hi pal we are keeping them out on merit.

Yes I would say the bottom team should have automatic relegation & play off for 2nd. Bottom.

In the long run yes these bigger supported & wealthier teams will overtake us but until then we live to fight again.

10 minutes ago, the philosopher said:

Hi pal we are keeping them out on merit.

Yes I would say the bottom team should have automatic relegation & play off for 2nd. Bottom.

In the long run yes these bigger supported & wealthier teams will overtake us but until then we live to fight again.

I know I'm tired but your merit thing makes no sense at 2am.

Haven't the last 3 play offs been won by the lower team. If I have misread or misunderstood your post my humblest apologies sir.

Bonnyrigg have been a credit to themselves and enhanced the league for me so glad to see them stay up. They have improved dramatically on the park since January as well.

A proper football club run in the correct way. Well done lads.

16 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Hopefully. They'd back up precisely what I said from the start - Bonnyrigg wouldn't get a 4 figure average over the season.

From the table below that’s an average of 372 per more per game for The Rose 🌹 than the rip off merchants at East Fife. 372 fans that won’t pay your £18 entry 

372x £10 = £3720  per game 

372x£0 in your clubs case =ZERO

That to me is a lot of money over the season.

See you at Value for money NDP next season hic, hic,hic.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Just coming to my senses now after a great day at NDP yesterday. Best performance of the season, best game of the season, best league crowd of the season and survival after our first season in the SPFL. Great team performance from all the lads and congratulations to all. Roll on next season now.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

15 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

From the table below that’s an average of 372 per more per game for The Rose 🌹 than the rip off merchants at East Fife. 372 fans that won’t pay your £18 entry 

372x £10 = £3720  per game 

372x£0 in your clubs case =ZERO

That to me is a lot of money over the season.

See you at Value for money NDP next season hic, hic,hic.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Couldn't really give a shit. The weirdo above got a bee in his bonnet for some reason because I said Bonnyrigg wouldn't average 1,000+ over the season. And now he's bragging about being wrong.

Bonnyrigg's crowds were impressive this season.

17 minutes ago, bluearmyfaction said:

How come Stranraer's figures are so low?  They've got quite a big catchment area, is it depressed because I assume few visiting fans take the journey?

Lowest population bar Annan. Low population density in hinterland. Most remote town in UK (using standard academic definition of population 10000-175000) and poor road and public transport links - so often no more than a handful of visiting fans. Very low average wages/wealth. High ‘emigration’ of graduates to elsewhere in UK. High prevalence of Celtic and Rangers* supporters etc.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Couldn't really give a shit. The weirdo above got a bee in his bonnet for some reason because I said Bonnyrigg wouldn't average 1,000+ over the season. And now he's bragging about being wrong.

Bonnyrigg's crowds were impressive this season.

Take it yer referring me to as the  "weirdo". Restricting to abuse is a sign of losing a debate by the way.

All i asked was average crowd figures for the season,mustve hit a raw nerve as it was enough for you to give a shit and merit a reply though.  

Never really been a fan of Bonnyrigg but to see the rage in some of the posts this season has been entertaining to say the least.

All the best for next season I'm sure the Bonnyrigg pound has been welcomed in most towns up and doon the country. ;)